new to DJI, How does it actually operate!? wifi fpv etc?

Reaction score
hey guys I have been in the Rc game for a year now
i have seen guys flying with FPV to great distances on planes etc
i was going to do my own fpv setup on a glider but got over it and came to the light side and bought the V2+

i want to understand how it all interlinks with each other...
the fact it is similar to the 2,4 ghz fpv gear that i had yet connects like a wifi connection is confusing me?

can multiple phones connect to the v2+ at once?

can you use other things to connect to the v2+ signal so you can use eg head track on fat shark goggles?

can someone help me understand

cheers

It uses secure wifi, not a plain 2.4GHz radio signal. You need an app to decode what's coming across wifi because it's not sending video in the way a traditional FPV setup does via radio signal that anyone could tune in to. You can't connect multiple devices to it as it's a secure connection - a bit like only people with your password can connect to your home wifi, not just anyone passing by (unless you've got it set up that way!).

my dji doesnt ask for a password it is juist a non secure wifi signal

so really they hasve done this to keep any 3rd parties out of the whole mix

you can boost signals but you can for example use a laptop to see the footage

mmm vry interesting

basically I want to get the vision+ footage onto a television live stream eg a monitor parallelled witht he iphone for example
i do struggle to see the small iphone screen whilst flying
or better yet a set of fat shark goggles?

shane_hood said:
my dji doesnt ask for a password it is juist a non secure wifi signal

so really they hasve done this to keep any 3rd parties out of the whole mix

you can boost signals but you can for example use a laptop to see the footage

mmm vry interesting

basically I want to get the vision+ footage onto a television live stream eg a monitor parallelled witht he iphone for example
i do struggle to see the small iphone screen whilst flying
or better yet a set of fat shark goggles?

Have you considered an Ipad or other tablet? I'm going to start using my ipad mini.

shane_hood said:
that is very descriptive...
wow!
haha. I don't believe there is a way to do a secondary stream... unless you can think of a screen sharing app. I just meant to replace the iphone with an ipad for easier viewing.

flew with an ipad this arvo
i know ipads do have a dongle that you can video out freom the ipad to a screen1
not sure about quality though
it will look very grainy1

When I said secure wifi connection I meant it can't be shared by more than one app/device at a time...

If you have a device with HDMI out you can plug into anything with HDMI in and mirror what the app sees, inlcuding to Zeiss Cinemizer goggles or the new Fatshark HD goggles. Trouble is you won't see the image in HD because the downlink isn't sent in that resolution. As far as I'm aware the only HD solution currently is the DJI Light Bridge, but that's not designed to work with the Vision...

i can use 2 apps to connect to it funny enough
like a wifi system!
wonder if there is a hack to have duel vision!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.