new ship - engines wont start

Reaction score
Ok, I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Brand new bird, put together per the videos and manual. Calibrated compass, acquired 6+ gps, then tried to start the engines, all that happens is the green led flashes twice as fast.

Tried switching to Atti mode, same thing only with yellow lights.

Cycled power, recalibrated compass, no go.

I've tried the engine start sequence from the videos (both contollers down and to center) and the one in the quick start (both low left, then low right then low out, then low in) when the controllers are in any of these special spots the green flashes rapidly for about 1 sec.

Hints?

Sounds familiar.
Mine did the same, it shows the rapid greens when performing the CSC, but no starting on the motors.

There is a solution. Download the Naza assisitent from the DJI site. (driver first) http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-downloads/
Then perform the advanced calibration.
Mine starts for a few days, then i have to do it again due to some gyroscope drifting values.

Unforutnately you have to update to 3.16, wich is a bit of a pain, please do some reading about how to survive the 3.16 update and calibration. ( it's not that bad, but takes some time and repowering and a lot of mouseclicking)

Did you have a solid red light on the tx?
Did you turn the tx on first before you plugged the battery up?

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

@phantomHubert - thanks... I'm on a mac, so I'll have to wait until later when I can dig up an old pc. I was hoping not to have to deal with the update stuff quite yet.

@edunwody -- yep nice solid red light on the tx, and yes I made sure the tx was on before powering up the ship. thanks for the idea

dnestel said:
@phantomHubert - thanks... I'm on a mac, so I'll have to wait until later when I can dig up an old pc. I was hoping not to have to deal with the update stuff quite yet.

@edunwody -- yep nice solid red light on the tx, and yes I made sure the tx was on before powering up the ship. thanks for the idea

Yep, I'm a Mac guy also. Had to buy a notebook PC for DJI software and to access my Audi computer. Just don't want Windows on my Macs.
Software calibration needs to be done. IMU might be out of wack.

E

Yay!

Doing an advanced calibration did it. (5.2 on the mod scale)
Of course it took about 2 dozen tries to get the 3.16 firmware to agree to the calibration. (it kept thinking the MC was overheating even though it had not been run, was in a cool environment, but repowering the MC several times finally made it work)

Thanks for the advice -- gotta go fly now

dnestel said:
Yay!

Doing an advanced calibration did it. (5.2 on the mod scale)
Of course it took about 2 dozen tries to get the 3.16 firmware to agree to the calibration. (it kept thinking the MC was overheating even though it had not been run, was in a cool environment, but repowering the MC several times finally made it work)

Thanks for the advice -- gotta go fly now
Congratulations! Glad you got it worked out.

E

Nice! Yes 3,16 calibration is a little confusing and timeconsuming.

Hope your phantom stays calibrated, my values drift off after a few days and i have to do the calibration every 2-3 flights (4-7 days) :evil:
It does start difficult, needs more time, after a day ore two and then a few day's later it won't start at all. Start up lights are correct every time and even get the fast greens with CSC every time and in every direction (down left and right in all combinations with both sticks)

dnestel:

do you know where or if I can buy a DJI Phantom in Salt Lake City?
Will be in SLC in 2 weeks. Please let me know. I really want to buy one so I can get a gopro cam as well to be attached to the phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4