New Rules

Reaction score
Just saw on evening news about new proposed regs for commercial use, among others you have to be vetted by the TSA. WOW!!!!!!

What agency released this news?

Edit: Anyone willing to answer? Was this released or leaked?

There is talk about having to complete a written test every two years -- but, nothing involving the TSA.

isle said:
Just saw on evening news about new proposed regs for commercial use, among others you have to be vetted by the TSA. WOW!!!!!!

Getting vetted by the TSA is not exactly a big deal. I've done it for various travel programs (i.e., PreCheck and then Global Entry).

msinger said:
There is talk about having to complete a written test every two years -- but, nothing involving the TSA.

I heard it on the CBS Sunday Evening News West Coast edition and also this morning on Morninging Joe on MSNBC

Hello All,
I don’t normally post on sights but… today I must!

I bought my Phantom in Jan of this year 2015. OMG do I love it! I am just on the edge of retirement so I’m old… ish.
I like what DJI has done with the No Fly Zones but I need more info.

I would like to know were exactly, are the regulations referring to the Class C and B Airspace rules that indicate the gradual increase in operating altitude as DJI puts out.
I know DJI is a worldwide phenomenon and that seems to be the best word for it but I live in the USA so I’m mostly concerned with following the FAA rules.

I have read most of Section 91 and understand some of it. I’ve seen nothing that mentions the sliding or graduated height limitations.
(You know: 1.5 mile-35ft. and 5 miles-400ft.) I live in the Orlando Fl. area and I am also troubled by the omission of the Orlando Sanford Airport on the No Fly Zone Map.

I am very much aware of the FAA’s announcement yesterday (Feb 15 2015).
I wish to know the law as it reads and not just count on DJI… though I like what they are trying to do.
If someone could show me the way, I would be in your debt.

Thx, Dan DaMan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31