New Rotorpixel

Reaction score
I've fitted the V1 black plastic friction mount RPG and I must say how easy it was, got a couple of questions though

It came as just the gimbal, should there be those little thumb screw things for the rubber balls or was that just on the later model?

Is the board an Alexmos board and if so is it configurable in anyway, or indeed replaceable if need be.

Does it need or have any firmware update ?

Just need to find a basket to fit my tracker now

88e6e1bc23e2dd8f74d4fd4b19864c40.jpg

d14d3642bd324427c4117cd9db27e876.jpg

bc346ac5dcbaa13cf8faa53465ffe5da.jpg

5ab0d13b0823b58d3879a304e130a39d.jpg

03380bd85acee67c8399e035a4d7a9be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Hey Crash,
Sorry did not see you before! Lol:rolleyes:

Congrats on the RPG! WooHoo!

First
Most you'll need to know is found here
Resources

Should answer most of your questions!

I'll answer a couple!

Screws ( anti-drop pins ) A MUST! Don't fly without SOMETHING there
( anti-drop pins, screw stops, zip-ties, anything ) those gimbals, especially VERSION 1, with big motors, are VERY heavy, you do not want it falling off in flight! Please put something there, before you fly!

The board IS ALEXMOS-simplebgc board, as for update, configuring,
Follow link above ( look in ADVANCED users section )

They do sell new boards but currently sold out!

On a different note:
Your camera lens plate, is installed 180 degrees backwards!
( DJI logo ) should be top right, not bottom left, when looking at camera lens! Lol, o_O
( you'll notice one side of the lens ring has a notch, this notch goes UP, in the case half with mounting wings and fan unit ) just an observation!

Good luck, take care, my friend!
Bird looks good!

J Dot
:cool:

Morning Jerry, I've buggered something, the roll motor was binding which I've fixed, the plate that goes on the motor shaft seemed to have moved back and was rubbing so I loosened the screw and moved it forward a bit. But I then updated the firnware to the latest version and applied the profile ( got the files from a post in the RPG topic) but now when I turn the camera down I get a horrible vibration, I'm thinking I might downgrade the firmware again and see if that helps , talking of the roll motor should the plate that fits into the end of the roll motor be easy to remove ? Mine is really tight and I had to really use some effort just to move it forward enough to stop it binding. It works fine and still stabilises well, it just makes the horrible whining noise when I tilt the camera down, as for the drop pins I can get them from RPG but they want 50 dollars postage!!! So may resort to cable ties for now , right my working day is starting so speak soon

Sorted the vibration using a post from on here, I've had to slip a small piece of cardboard between the camera and the holder, must have been a tight fit originally which had worked loose over time. All working now I just need a copy of the Alexmos board settings, I've got the profile but it won't load as I'm back to the earlier version of firnware. Hopefully I'm flying tomorrow so will see how it goes .

Reactions: dirkclod and J Dot
Excellent
And yes RPG shipping is a joke, I ordered $30 worth of parts, cost me nearly $80! But like I said, our good buddy Dirk, gave me it ( cause he is cool like that ), so figured a working RPG for $80, SOLD!;)

But good show crash!
Post some vids!

J Dot

Also my settings were set by Dirk,
( I believe ? ) he may still have them?

But if you tell me which version of simplebgc your using ( or that works with RPG, I'll download right version, and forward my settings to you, but mine is a version 2, not sure how different they are, if at all?
Only version I have on PC is for p2v China gimbal! My RPG, works perfectly, so I left it alone! But you know me , GLAD TO HELP!

J Dot

Hi all

well i test flew the quad and the video was just sh1t, lots of wobble and jello, so i was guessing i need the thumbscrews, but then i had the bright idea to use the black rubber dampers from my old chinese gimbal, ive stuffed those with foam ear plugs which resulted in a nice smooth video using the chinese gimbal.

Only managed a quick flight today but it was gusting 20mph winds, but i have to say that the video quality was really good, into the wind had a bit of jello but with the wind and side on to the wind the quality was nearly equal to when i had the chinese gimabl fitted.

I just need the PID settings Jerry , im using one i found on the forum but would really like the settings that originally come with the V1 (pictures of each page of simpleBGC would be good), Im hoping Dirk has one or has the settings i need.

Cheers Crash

Reactions: J Dot and dirkclod
Hi crash . Has been awhile since I had that gimbal and all I could find I have on it is in my media .
And that's just on resetting the board . Mine was the newer one that Jerry has .
Now those thumb screws are there for more than keeping it from falling off . Is how you adjust that jello out
and I had a hard time doing it . As far as those settings you speak of I haven't a clue buddy .
Now the old thread that is so long in here most likely has it but it would take you awhile to read it all .
It might be in that . If you can't find it just flag me again and I will look for it . I'm afraid at the moment I just
am all over and don't have a moment to look .

Reactions: J Dot
Hey Crash
Which version SimpleBGC works with rotorpixel? As there are a bunch of them? Let me know, and I'll hook mine up and take pics of each page for you! ( if you know, if not I'll test each version until one works! o_O

Let me know?

J Dot

@J Dot
@dirkclod

Hi Lads, thanks for the replies,

Jerry Im on 2.2B SimpleBGC, although the version doesnt matter as the PID settings should be the same across all versions, I just need the numbers that appear in the boxes, if your not sure of your version mate just try each one, but chances are its going to be 2.2b.

Dirk, no worries pal, ive done about 20 pages of the thread and found 2 profiles for the RPG, i just need to know which one is the best, if Jerry supplies the info i will add it to the thread if it makes the gimbal work ok.

Cheers Crash

Hey Crash I'm on it,
I got that version alexmos simplebgc, but my laptop is not recognizing the gimbal board? I'm fooling with it now, and trying to find that ( antique ) port cable! I threw most I had out, as most items are mini USB or lightning now!
I know I have them somewhere? So give me some time to sort this out!

Jerry

Ok Crash,
After an hour or so fooling with it ( and praying mine was not 2.3 as it erases your profile ), but got lucky!:)

I have to run 2.40 b6 GUI,
Drivers worked ( my fault ) I downloaded it, but forgot to install it!:rolleyes:

Ok,
Here are each screenshots:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hope this helps buddy,
Let us know,
Extra Notes:
My board firmware is ( 10.3 b9 )
Not sure what you have, my friend!

Let us know, I'm sure Dirk would also be interested in you getting it working perfectly!

Your friend
J Dot

GOOD LUCK!;)

Hi Jerry

Thanks very much for the info, im gonna take note of the PID settings and test them in the field when i get a chance, your settings were useful as i noticed that on the third tab i had my RC roll min and max set to -30 and 30 yours is -45 and 45 which explains why the gimbal would halt at a point during roll and then slowly return, setting it to 45 cured that.

upload_2016-10-2_18-56-14.png

As for the PID settings, ive copied mine from another gimbal i have and tested it ok, however as i said i will try your settings when i get a chance

Just gotta wait till the weather gets better for an update on it.

cheers as always

Crash

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-2_18-58-21.png
    upload_2016-10-2_18-58-21.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 463
  • upload_2016-10-2_18-58-55.png
    upload_2016-10-2_18-58-55.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 503
I hear you Crash,
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
And weather, AHHHHHHHHH :mad:
we just went through a hurricane, a month ago o_O, now another is coming, 3 eyes, and it's HUGE! :eek:Luckily ( for me/us ) it will be making landfall on east coast! Although I'll pray for their safety ,I'm also glad it is not our side! Kinda bitter sweet, I know!:rolleyes:
But rain as far as the eye can see!
Time to bunker down, and wait it out!

But let us know on the ( rotorpixel ), we are hoping the best for you!;)

J Dot

Sorry, got crazy with the smileys :D!

@J Dot

Hi pal, ive been watching the storm, hope its not been to bad for ya or your family, ive done all that i can do with the RPG and im about satisfied there is nothing more i can do, here is a video of the final footage.

Hey Crash,
It looked impressive, not unlike a plus!
Don't you have a slow yaw switch?
Might help slow down those turns!
But looks good, and fc200 puting out a clean image! Nice job!
Glad it's going!

J Dot

Hi Jerry
Those turns were intentional, needed to see how well it coped with fast yaw movements, i tend to fly straight, haven't got round to fitting the slow yaw switch yet, remind me of the price and you can send it along with the other bits your sending me. Having an issue with the camera, I swapped it out for one of the spares I got but I think the wifi board is a bit buggered, is it the 3rd board with the fan attached ?
Speak soon
Crash

Hey crash
It is the bottom board ( the one that antennas hook to ) I have spares of those, just that stupid board 3 hard to find I need at least 4 now! Lol

I can make you a switch, just been busy and finally getting a paycheck this week, last place put us all n the hole $12,000 dollars, so we moved to 3 different new companies but 1st and 15th pay periods, so finally getting our first check from 2 of the 3 Friday! Halaloyah! Oh happy day!

J Dot

Hi Jerry
Switch sounds fine, what have I got that you want mate?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20