New research shows...

Reaction score
I just read this, this morning. Either from Colorado or Washington State, but CNN reported that Police in those states are reporting that Drunk drivers are still running stop signs. but it seems that stoned drivers are stopping and waiting for it to turn green.

HarryT said:
I'm probably missing something, but what does this have to do with flying quads?

I thought I read once that if you wanted to post a story or a joke or something that was not about flying Phantoms, that this was the place to do it. When I heard the above I thought it was funny and might bring a smile to someones face. If you want I can remove it as I really do not want to make anyone mad.. seems I have a way of doing it, but it was not my intention. I probably should watch more what I say. (just to let you know I am researching your battery issue as we speak, I just do not want to give you bad info)

Geert said:
We have an Off Topic forum for these posts. :)

I move your topic to Off Topic forum.

Geert./.

Now I remember, this forum being at the bottom of the page I missed it, and really the post was not at all necessary. I heard the joke and thought I would share it with friends. I forget that we really do not know each other at all. Out of the many different forums I have frequented over the years, I seem to make more mistakes and make more people mad here then anywhere else. I wonder if it is because this is a world wide forum.. or have my posts become lamer... probably me, I blame it on the meds. I will limit my input to...well it is an ongoing project..

It was funny.
I think it may have been a humorous PSA on TV here in Washington about the time pot was legalized.

There was also the TV ad showing the guy standing at his BBQ staring at his burgers with a blank look on his face. Don't remember the dialogue, but he'd forgot to fire up the grill, and was too stoned to realize the burgers weren't cooking. Sorry, my poor retelling stripped it of its humor.

GoodnNuff said:
It was funny.
I think it may have been a humorous PSA on TV here in Washington about the time pot was legalized.

There was also the TV ad showing the guy standing at his BBQ staring at his burgers with a blank look on his face. Don't remember the dialogue, but he'd forgot to fire up the grill, and was too stoned to realize the burgers weren't cooking. Sorry, my poor retelling stripped it of its humor.

Actually I started laughing before you said you don't remember, cause I could picture it..
"There was also the TV ad showing the guy standing at his BBQ staring at his burgers with a blank look on his face"

Some newer and research-ier research shows that this thread is completely...um....is really really....uh.....I think.....wait, what were we talking about?

ProfessorStein said:
And where did we put the Twinkies??

Crap you beat me to the punch..

Maaaaan :)

Wedeliver said:
I probably should watch more what I say.
Nah, don't worry about it. There are a lot of people on here who take themselves and life way to seriously. I prefer not to think before I speak, I like being just as surprised as everyone else.

planedr said:
Wedeliver said:
I probably should watch more what I say.
Nah, don't worry about it. There are a lot of people on here who take themselves and life way to seriously. I prefer not to think before I speak, I like being just as surprised as everyone else.

You are in Germany? Not in the service are ya? (don't know why I said it like that). Thank you very much for your comments. I try this weird thing every morning were I go into my bathroom and I laugh for 5 minutes. Just a stupid laugh. The days that I find it hard to do for 5 minutes are not as good a day as the ones where I test my tonal quality, I mean the acoustics in that room rock. If I was a singer I would record in a bathroom.. oh hell, I have gone way off subject. obviously I am speaking way before any thinking has happened.

You have a great night...hummm german food, I was a bartender at a chalet at a Ski Resort in Mammoth Lakes, Ca, back in the 70's and the owner, chef would make me dinner every night I worked...hummm. love that food.

Wedeliver said:
You are in Germany? Not in the service are ya? (don't know why I said it like that). Thank you very much for your comments.
No, I'm retired. I'm a contractor working on helicopters for the Army. I work on Lakotas, Apaches, and Chinooks.
This is my last year in Germany, I've been here for almost 5 years. Oktoberfest next weekend. one last time.

Wedeliver, I worked for a large trauma center/hospital that hosted a "laughter club." It was open to all employees, they'd gather in a large circle on the lawn in front of the hospital each morning at 9 AM, hold hands and laugh for 5 minutes. No talking, just laughter. It was infectious, calming, purging and cathartic! It was really good therapy for the caregivers and ED staff in that highly stressful environment.
I thought it was a pretty silly gathering at first, but once I saw how it affected the participants and helped shape their mood for the entire day, I participated as often as I could. Laughter really is good medicine.

planedr said:
No, I'm retired. I'm a contractor working on helicopters for the Army. I work on Lakotas, Apaches, and Chinooks.
This is my last year in Germany, I've been here for almost 5 years. Oktoberfest next weekend. one last time.
Retired. Why are you working? When you retire you go out all the time and fly your quad, not continue to work. :)
Actually, a job that interesting would be hard to leave.

OI Photography said:
Some newer and research-ier research shows that this thread is completely...um....is really really....uh.....I think.....wait, what were we talking about?

Hey... don't bogart the Fritos, man.... :D

planedr said:
Wedeliver said:
You are in Germany? Not in the service are ya? (don't know why I said it like that). Thank you very much for your comments.

and you use these because???? wow which one do you think is the coolest. i lived in Arizona when motorola was doing some kind of work on, i think the apache, to make it run silent.. about 1984. one late night driving i heard what sounded like a car idleing next to me and i looked out my window to see somthing hovering in the sky above me, lights off. couplehundred feet up, could barely heàr it. I give discounts to folks who serve like you do, if you want to go camping next to the Lava Beds NationalMonument after you finish your work.

GoodnNuff said:
Wedeliver, I worked for a large trauma center/hospital that hosted a "laughter club." It was open to all employees, they'd gather in a large circle on the lawn in front of the hospital each morning at 9 AM, hold hands and laugh for 5 minutes. No talking, just laughter. It was infectious, calming, purging and cathartic! It was really good therapy for the caregivers and ED staff in that highly stressful environment.
I thought it was a pretty silly gathering at first, but once I saw how it affected the participants and helped shape their mood for the entire day, I participated as often as I could. Laughter really is good medicine.

I think i might have heard about them and that got me started. i am a bit concerned that someone might hear me and think iam nuts.

and to the other stoners and drunks out there. keep it up! its called living. I can't drink any more and I do so miss it.

dirkclod said:
.....Yes this is a worldwide forum and I really wish it was mandatory to have your location under your users name so we would know how to address someone not to offend them and it just be cool knowing you are conversing with someone in some faraway place :D
+100

dirkclod said:
Please give kitty a treat he looks like he had a hard night :lol:
Yup. Passed out on the deck on a nice day. :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik