New remote question

Reaction score
I saw a video where a guy was using a completely different transmitter controller. Is it possible to use the PV2+ with another controller that has the Auto Centering Sticks? I was curious as I may decide to do this later down the road If I choose to add the retractable landing gear which would require another channel. Please advise.

Mine is a P2 Z. I use now a T8J and its R2008SB reciever. Along with the 8th channel you get the possibility to adjust expo for smooth operation. Gimbal Tilt is as tight and smooth as it can be. Some may argue about Fasst/SFHSS protocoles... fact is the T8J is a lot of remote for the price. And both of the sticks are spring centered.I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on a P2V+. However the FPV may be an issue. Don't know about that.
In it's own flight case

The tray helps for the balance of the whole thing.

Attachments

• T8J Small.jpg
    T8J Small.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 411
  • FPV3small.jpg
    FPV3small.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 414
DKDarkness said:
Your signature says you are flying a Phantom 2, which flies on 2.4 gHz band. The Phantom 2 Vision(+) (and FC40 for that matter) flies on the 5.8 gHz band.
As long as the receiver is 2.4, this is all that matters. bigger question is the FPV. Others may know more about it.

sergekouper said:
DKDarkness said:
Your signature says you are flying a Phantom 2, which flies on 2.4 gHz band. The Phantom 2 Vision(+) (and FC40 for that matter) flies on the 5.8 gHz band.
As long as the receiver is 2.4, this is all that matters. bigger question is the FPV. Others may know more about it.

Well, to be able to communicate with the Tx, the build in Rx is also 5.8 gHz. In order not to interfere with the FC200 camera, which transmits and receives on the 2.4 gHz band.

I should be more careful 99% of the posts are for the p2v+. I feel like I'm flying a Phantomus Dinosaurus sometimes.. :)

DKDarkness said:
sergekouper said:
DKDarkness said:

Well, to be able to communicate with the Tx, the build in Rx is also 5.8 gHz. In order not to interfere with the FC200 camera, which transmits and receives on the 2.4 gHz band.

The R2008SB is the reciebver sold with the TX, working at 2.4Ghz. You should then install a 5.8 FPV. I don't know if the FC200 has accessible connection to output to a 5.8 TX. In theory, it's absolutely possible, but practically, I don't know what is available to proceed to the modification.

I suppose being that my Phantom V2+ is controlled on 5.8ghz I will need a 5.8ghz controller if they even if they make such an animal. The V2+ FPV and camera settings operate on 2.4ghz. Basically the exact opposite.

kymedic121 said:
I suppose being that my Phantom V2+ is controlled on 5.8ghz I will need a 5.8ghz controller if they even if they make such an animal. The V2+ FPV and camera settings operate on 2.4ghz. Basically the exact opposite.

If someone is better informed please correct me.

About controlling the phantom:
Forget the original receiver in the Phantom's body. unplug it, or remove it if you can. Stick your new R2008SB Futaba 2.4 GHZ Receiver next to the NaZA module. Plug the cable from the NAZA to the receiver. That's all, you now have a 2.4 GHZ system (paired with your T8J) and your P2V is just like a P2Z.
About the video:
If you can locate the 4 cables (Video+ Power) out of the FC200 then it's all good, find a 5.8GHZ VTX/VRX which is the most common, do a little bit of DIY and thats it.
The gimbal tilt has a connection from the mainboard to be plugged in the receiver.(probably optional the connection should be provided by the S-BUS. Just ignore it)
Of course you loose all your mobile phone FPV System (which I believe is a good thing: lag, visibility in bright daylight) and will have to find a decent monitor/Glasses

sergekouper said:
kymedic121 said:

If someone is better informed please correct me.

About controlling the phantom:
Forget the original receiver in the Phantom's body. unplug it, or remove it if you can. Stick your new R2008SB Futaba 2.4 GHZ Receiver next to the NaZA module. Plug the cable from the NAZA to the receiver. That's all, you now have a 2.4 GHZ system (paired with your T8J) and your P2V is just like a P2Z.
About the video:
If you can locate the 4 cables (Video+ Power) out of the FC200 then it's all good, find a 5.8GHZ VTX/VRX which is the most common, do a little bit of DIY and thats it.
The gimbal tilt has a connection from the mainboard to be plugged in the receiver.(probably optional the connection should be provided by the S-BUS. Just ignore it)
Of course you loose all your mobile phone FPV System (which I believe is a good thing: lag, visibility in bright daylight) and will have to find a decent monitor/Glasses

Why bother?

I use the older p2v 5.8ghz controller with my new vPlus. Just a matter of resetting the small blinking red light on the side of the vPlus.

flyNfrank said:
I use the older p2v 5.8ghz controller with my new vPlus. Just a matter of resetting the small blinking red light on the side of the vPlus.

Do you get better range with the p2v controller ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1