New Regulations coming next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: GoodnNuff
Read the article and then re-read it.

The Dept of Transportation is just planning on talking about the possibility of registration. Get a grip people.
Quit spreading FUD. You guys are worse than the main stream media.

Was bound to happen. Although for most of the pilots out there I cannot see this being a problem, if we pilot responsibly anyway.

In many ways I can see it 'legitimising' the hobby for us, so the public know, or we can tell them if they ask that we are registered flyers.

I see a large problem when the government gets involved in any issue.
Will there be 'fees' for this 'legitimizing' of our hobby?

Last edited:
I see a large problem when the government gets involved in any issue.
Will there be 'fees' be for this 'legitimizing' of our hobby?
Not sure about fees, but possibly the price of all new UAV/Drones will be 'increased' to include any government 'fees'.

In my opinion it's all arse about face anyway. I am in the UK and recently came back from a trip to the U.S. I forgot to take ID out one night so could not order a beer, even though I am 50+ years old and clearly not under age, but the next day I could walk in off the street and get my hands on an AK47, Uzi machine gun and semi automatic pistol and the all the ammunition I wanted on the counter and then go shoot in a range with no previous experiencing or training. I could easily have walked out with all this equipment and massacred many. Why is the U.S. Government worried about quad copters ?!? Think they have a bigger issue to deal with first. As far as I know there has not been a single death by quad copter. Not sure how many deaths per day there are by guns. Seems out of balance to me.

I contacted my Congresswomen who I personally know and she has contacted me back saying they probably will have a subcommittee look into the issues once the FAA makes a recommendation on something. She promised me (nice to know her) that she would use me, including testifying to the Committee. As soon as something happens I put a notice up and solicit info. The P3P is my first drone and I have a good time playing with it. That said I stay below 400 feet and for the most of the time I keep it in sight!

In my opinion it's all arse about face anyway. I am in the UK and recently came back from a trip to the U.S. I forgot to take ID out one night so could not order a beer, even though I am 50+ years old and clearly not under age, but the next day I could walk in off the street and get my hands on an AK47, Uzi machine gun and semi automatic pistol and the all the ammunition I wanted on the counter and then go shoot in a range with no previous experiencing or training. I could easily have walked out with all this equipment and massacred many. Why is the U.S. Government worried about quad copters ?!? Think they have a bigger issue to deal with first. As far as I know there has not been a single death by quad copter. Not sure how many deaths per day there are by guns. Seems out of balance to me.
There is an interesting parallel here: Registration will not prevent the actions of those who would break the law (or guidelines in the case of sUAS in the USA). Criminals do not buy firearms legally therefore the registration is meaningless. Those who would use a sUAS to "spy" or intentionally invade someone's privacy would not register or purchase their equipment through channels of traceability.

Another note you can buy a car and drive it down the street massacring innocents on the sidewalk. Hell that car would even be registered. Still won't stop crazy people from committing crazy acts.

Reactions: nickyb
So let's say I buy my kid one of those Air Hogs Millennium Falcon quads sold at Target for Christmas. Is my 5 year old going to need to register this potentially dangerous drone?

Be sure and check the search or look at the suggested post at the bottom as you are crafting yours. ;)
Thread closed. Please comment further here - BREAKING!!! U.S. Will Require Drones to Be Registered | DJI Phantom Forum

duplicate_content.png

Reactions: dirkclod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj