New Record for me 4383 metres!! I love my DBS IElite Mod

I hope that fact that others are getting 5km + one way out with $1 aluminium foil rabbit ears might be a bit upsetting?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442669385.036480.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442669402.192808.jpg

I hope that fact that others are getting 5km + one way out with $1 aluminium foil rabbit ears might be a bit upsetting?View attachment 31175View attachment 31176
Man flying over that body of water as you did you would get the same result as your foil as you would strapping a paperclip to your antenna...looking at your pic of your foil job I bet you would get better range without it and just having your antennas pointing vertical instead of the "V" config they are in.
Just a thought.....

Last edited:
It was thick fog!! I had driven an hour to fly into my fathers cabin and said to hell with it I am trying it!! Sadly I could not see anything and flew a few hundred metres past it lol...
Man just amazing to see what sort of moisture the bird can handle on such a long distance.An you broke my pb by about 150mtrs :(.But where just coming into spring in Oz so flying weather is on its way.:)

Man just amazing to see what sort of moisture the bird can handle on such a long distance.An you broke my pb by about 150mtrs :(.But where just coming into spring in Oz so flying weather is on its way.:)
When I landed she was pretty wet so I towelled her off and then headed home. Flew her again a little while later seemed to have no affect

That is awesome Tony. Looks like typical Welsh weather. Many people Don't realise Britain is further north then Newfoundland - no wonder our weather is crap!!! We just don't get the snow and ice because of the gulf stream.
I have never been brave enough to fly in conditions like that - nice to know it can cope fine. Might be tempted to fly above a fog bank now!
I know many people say a simple reflector works well but I suspect you get better penetration through trees etc with the DBS - I will be getting one that is for sure as our conditions are similar.

That is awesome Tony. Looks like typical Welsh weather. Many people Don't realise Britain is further north then Newfoundland - no wonder our weather is crap!!! We just don't get the snow and ice because of the gulf stream.
I have never been brave enough to fly in conditions like that - nice to know it can cope fine. Might be tempted to fly above a fog bank now!
I know many people say a simple reflector works well but I suspect you get better penetration through trees etc with the DBS - I will be getting one that is for sure as our conditions are similar.
Wibble I am quite sure the DBS enhances penetration greatly!! Certainly if you are on a hill with a perfect line of sight and flying over water there may be little difference but thats not really what I am looking for... I want to fly in places with radio towers, lots of hills and thick forest...just described most of Newfoundland!! The DBS certainly improves your signal in those sort of environments!! Not sure if it was smart to fly in the conditions I did today but certainly the only risk was to me losing my drone as it is all wilderness in there. I was also up 100's of metres so no wildlife were even aware i was flying over them

Reactions: Fplvert
Now we know why you so heavy, Bro. Balls;)

Ahh yes I remember now. I will have to give it a bash.
Trouble is we hardly get any flying time here - we can go weeks with force 8 or higher winds.
Sometimes January and Feb can be good - cold, sunny, and freezing. Makes for good flying weather.

More like impulsive and not really very smart lol.. Its unlikely I will fly in thick fog ever again.....
Haha, Bro, I've got caught in the rain a couple of times with no ill effects.
You not so heavy BTW, I saw you 3200M, very nice!:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20