New RC doesnt work with Vision App...darn...

Reaction score
I just paid over $100 to upgrade my Vision+ remote to get the new one with the camera pitch wheel. I own one of the original V+ from April 2014 that shipped with the old remote. When it arrived, I paired it successfully with the V+ and the wheel did operate the gimbal pitch perfectly.

When I turned the Vision app on, the wheel still operated the gimbal, but the moment I clicked the app's camera icon to access the camera, the wheel stopped functioning. I thought I might be doing something wrong so I called my local certified DJI guy and he was able to duplicate the problem. According to him, there appears to be a problem with the firmware where once the Vision app is turned on, it is blocking the RC's wheel from accessing the camera to control the camera's pitch. Not sure if this is a problem with the newer V+ but maybe just for someone like me who has the legacy quad and upgraded the remote.

Anyway, the local guy contacted DJI and they say they will troubleshoot and hopefully remedy the problem in the next update. I hope so so I can start using the pitch wheel when shooting video. It looks like it would make the process smoother and less jerky on film vs using the app screen. In the meantime, I will just add this to the list of issues I have had from day one and try to be patient.

DroneDiva
www.flygirlsskycam.com

I have the same problem! When I was bench testing my new TX without turning on my vision app it seemed to work fine. Then yesterday when I was out in the field trying to take some video the camera went nuts. I wonder if the vision app is sending conflicting information to the gimble which is also getting input from the new control on the TX? I hope there is a quick fix to this.

Did you calibrate the camera tilt wheel. I had this problem with mine and had forgotten to calibrate it.

In the Assistant software, while phantom is connected you need to select the upgraded 'button'.
At the moment yours is set on 'basic' which is required for tilt from the app. You can't have both at once.
There is another thread about calibrating which you may or may not need do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1