New RC 300C vs 300A

Reaction score
I sent my RC in for repair, the RTH button had fallen into the controller as have others. No problems with the RMA, received new RC in 14 days. I sent in the 300A and received a 300C in return. Nothing else has changed. Same firmware, same settings absolutely nothing else has changed. I fly from my front porch all the time. I am in the country. I am sitting above everything else around. Used to go to at least 9000' before any type of signal loss. It was a given, never varied more than 1000'. Now when I get to about 1000 I start to get blackouts on the screen. Got to about 5000' and started to lose RC signal. I am thinking the 300C could be the problem? Your Thoughts?

Last edited:
I went from 300B to 300C and did not notice a difference in stock RC reception. was about 12kft with either.

I sent my RC in for repair, the RTH button had fallen into the controller as have others. No problems with the RMA, received new RC in 14 days. I sent in the 300A and received a 300C in return. Nothing else has changed. Same firmware, same settings absolutely nothing else has changed. I fly from my front porch all the time. I am in the country. I am sitting above everything else around. Used to go to at least 9000' before any type of signal loss. It was a given, never varied more than 1000'. Now when I get to about 1000 I start to get blackouts on the screen. Got to about 5000' and started to lose RC signal. I am thinking the 300C could be the problem? Your Thoughts?
I don't see any problems with my 300C either; went 18000 ft with full signals on both video and RC but had to turn back due to battery warning. You might want to try again in another area.

Yes it's that, 300C has less output power than 300A and 300B...

What is your source on that please?
GadgetGuy that knows very well data about output power

GL300A and GL300B should be the same control power output, at .380 watts each.
GL300C is the worst, at 20% less, at .303 watts.
The video power output comes from the aircraft, and not the RC.
WM330A P4 is .598 watts, while the original W323 P3P is .746 watts.

Sorry to read it much later, but what is said in these links is that first link is stating 0.038 W and second 0.303 W. So if the second is really related to 300C, then it is a lot more powerful, which would be strange.

PH3P + PH3A

This is just my opinion based on some testing but I think the A/B is better at fighting through interference than the C. My brother has a "C" and I have an "A" in an area where I know there's some interference issues I can go about 3,000' before I have signal issues. He can just get around 2,000'. This weekend we swapped controllers and head the same issue. No matter which drone was paired the "C" got 1,000' less distance. However, this was not a completely open area. We tried going to the beach and over the water we were both able to go 8,100' without so much as a flicker. Could've gone more but was getting nervous because it was pretty windy and wanted to be sure to leave enough power to get back.

Yes it's that, 300C has less output power than 300A and 300B...
Since range is proportional to the square root of transmitted power, a 20% drop in transmitted power (going from the A/B to the C) should decrease effective range by only 10%. Probably not noticeable under real world conditions. In my local 'sparse urban environment', I am routinely full power out to 1500-1600 meters.

I sent mine in for repair and they quoted me a ridiculous amount so i told them to just return it and I would find another option. they sent me a 300C instead of my original 300B back! Ok so I got a working controller in return but its all beat up, and I know my 300B had 30 flights on it, since we can't change the batteries I'm furious I got back someone elses used controller with who knows how many flights on it its filthy and all beat up

If you can prove that, at least in the US, you likely have cause for some legal action. Especially if the repair shop didn't actually do any work on your device they should return you original unit.

If you can prove that, at least in the US, you likely have cause for some legal action. Especially if the repair shop didn't actually do any work on your device they should return you original unit.
I can definitely prove it as I was required to send pictures and serial number of my original controller in to get the repair approval. I sent them an email as soon as I opened the box asking to have my unit returned.

Now I question if I got my actual P3A back or another model. That I can't prove as I didn't think to take pictures of it before I sent it

Scratch that, I can compare as when they received my unit they sent me a list of what I sent them and corresponding serials of each item... I'll compare that tomorrow

I talked about the transceivers in GL300x with an IC insider. He suggested DJI used High-end Analog Devices transceiver at first, but then moved to chips from a small virtual company which appeared out of nowhere.The company, Artosyn, had no factories, only rented factories to manufacture chips of their design. Somehow the new company was able to manufacture chips identical to DJI Lightbridge (DJI shared their design?), and the design of their transceiver looks like medicore copy of the Analog Devices chip.

I would treat these as rumors, though.

I talked about the transceivers in GL300x with an IC insider. He suggested DJI used High-end Analog Devices transceiver at first, but then moved to chips from a small virtual company which appeared out of nowhere.The company, Artosyn, had no factories, only rented factories to manufacture chips of their design. Somehow the new company was able to manufacture chips identical to DJI Lightbridge (DJI shared their design?), and the design of their transceiver looks like medicore copy of the Analog Devices chip.

I would treat these as rumors, though.
Hmmmm.... I wonder in what way would the Artosyn chip be "mediocre" in comparison to the Analog Devices chip? Sounds like a load of old nonsense to me.

For me, the alarming word was a "copy", not whether its quality matched AD.

But yeah, I wouldn't believe that. Just a point of view to consider.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4