New quad first post

Reaction score
Hi all, looking for some advice on a ( new) advanced I purchased. I charged the batteries up. Powered up rc and quad first thing I noticed was no signal on go app ( Galaxy s5) . Then quad started to go into update mode . Wth. then it was just a constant beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. So I shut down and started researching after 8 hours of messing around I come to the conclusion that I'm stuck. Sd card has v01.02.0008 I tried reinstalling that 100 times. I tried v01.02.007, also tried v01.03.0020. No luck same thing every time.also checked for the loose gamble cable ,not that lucky. I don't want to tear into it till I figure out what seller has to say about the (New) opened box display model. Would like to hear your input.

Hi all, looking for some advice on a ( new) advanced I purchased. I charged the batteries up. Powered up rc and quad first thing I noticed was no signal on go app ( Galaxy s5) . Then quad started to go into update mode . Wth. then it was just a constant beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. So I shut down and started researching after 8 hours of messing around I come to the conclusion that I'm stuck. Sd card has v01.02.0008 I tried reinstalling that 100 times. I tried v01.02.007, also tried v01.03.0020. No luck same thing every time.also checked for the loose gamble cable ,not that lucky. I don't want to tear into it till I figure out what seller has to say about the (New) opened box display model. Would like to hear your input.
Hi and welcome.
Did you read the manual and all the the available information, on here and the DJI website before you attempted anything, let alone a FW update?
I presume that you put the FW on the SD Card, because AFAIK, the SD card that ships with the AC is blank? So what information does the txt file on the SD card give?

Thanks for the welcome. I have studied this for weeks, That's the part I don't get about being (new) the sd card already had fw on it and plug in to quad.
Txt 2014.01..01 00:00:09 remo-con disconnect
Ps_fw_v01.02.0008.bin
Upgrade :failed
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again

Hmmmm, well given that's a 2014 FW, it looks like it's a genuine NOS. What FW is the RC running? If it's NOT the latest, then update it, as it may not be compatible with your GO app. So download the latest RC FW and then you could download the latest AC firmware and install?

On the latest update a lot of people (including me) updated the drone first with the controller turned off. After about 15 mins it updated. Then I turned the drone off and turned the controller on and then updated that. Try that method and let us know how it went

I was under the impression you were not suppose to skip fw versions
There are a couple of things to consider with regards to versions. You cant skip over 1.3.2. If you are below that, you need to install 1.3.2 before proceeding higher. After 1.3.2, the RC is updated with only the app whereas before its with an SD card.

Then, AC 1.8 / RC 1.6 were released together with an encryption change. If you have one of those or later you need to also have the other or later.

Click here for the most often referenced guide to FW installation.

You said you tried assorted versions many times. What happens if you start up everthing with no SD card or with a blank SD card?

Last edited:
Reactions: Numone
I have tried without card and it beeps as if it's searching for fw. Haven't tried with blank card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen