New Props P3 Test (9450 Carbon Fiber Reinforced Self-tightening Propellers )

Reaction score
Finally after 2 weeks waiting I have a pleasure to test them.
(9450 Carbon Fiber Reinforced Self-tightening Propellers)
Conditions very windy but one way or another decided to test them.
First thing I have notice hard to screw them in not like original ones. Take off and after 30 sec of hovering checking respond aircraft for commands I have notice massive shaking on camera not on screen but visual eye contact. Landed as quick as possible.For more confidence I have change props for original ones and like nothing happen all good no problems.Over all not very happy about hem but maybe someone else have different experience .

First thing I have notice hard to screw them in not like original ones. Take off and after 30 sec of hovering checking respond aircraft for commands I have notice massive shaking on camera not on screen but visual eye contact. Landed as quick as possible.For more confidence I have change props for original ones and like nothing happen all good no problems.Over all not very happy about hem but maybe someone else have different experience .
We're these dji items? Did they need to be balanced?

Now that you say, I did notice as well that my gimbal was shaking more than usual but the image was perfectly stable and after watching it on my computer, I could not notice any jello effect. Is it possible that this carbon fiber reinforced props are generating more vibrations than the normal composite ones? Is it something we should be worry about? Could it damage the camera or the motors in the long term? Also, I wonder if these vibrations are only while hovering and maybe not when it is flying... Something to monitor. By the way, the props are perfectly balanced as I checked them with my DuBro prop balancer so if there are more vibrations, that might be due to something else.

Mine did the same...time to check for the ominous "cracks" This was the 1st sign of the small hair line cracks.

Just installed mine and it flew like a dream. Incredibly smooth and had no vibrations whatsoever.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437593074.500035.jpg

I did the hover test, comparing the stock white plastic props to the carbon fiber reinforced props CLICK HERE to view the hovering demo... you can also compare sound levels if you can tell a difference?

Any thoughts and experiences on efficiency differences that might result in increasing battery life during a flight?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Any thoughts and experiences on efficiency differences that might result in increasing battery life during a flight?

Insignificant.

Too many variables to ever be proven anecdotally by end-users.

I've been using carbon fiber props for several months on several commercial jobs. They work great but are somewhat louder but that doesn't both me. Otherwise they are good.

I could find no measurable difference in battery life... and no noise difference... I posted a YouTube of my test... side by side comparison

I've had the same props on 2 different p3a's. One visibly shook like crazy, the other was smooth as butter .....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues