New Prop's = Jello.

Reaction score
Hi guy's, I recently swapped out the original prop's that came with my Phantom V1.1.1 for the DJI 9450 prop's....so I took her out the other day for a spin and when I got home and revued the footage taken with my GoPro it had severe Jello.
I am using a Walkera G2D Gimbal for to try and keep the footage smooth and I had my GoPro set at 2.7k 17.9 aspect and 24fps....so do I need to tweak the settings in my Naza Assist to eliminate the Jello ??

Many Thanks.

Ordered from eBay? Probably Chinese knock-offs. Try to balance them. I also have Chinese 9450 props. I also have a little bit jello effect in my videos.

harmudge said:
Hi guy's, I recently swapped out the original prop's that came with my Phantom V1.1.1 for the DJI 9450 prop's....so I took her out the other day for a spin and when I got home and revued the footage taken with my GoPro it had severe Jello.
I am using a Walkera G2D Gimbal for to try and keep the footage smooth and I had my GoPro set at 2.7k 17.9 aspect and 24fps....so do I need to tweak the settings in my Naza Assist to eliminate the Jello ??

Many Thanks.

Since it is most likely a hardware problem, start by balancing your propellers.

Balance propellers: http://youtu.be/kvZGA6dJQJs?t=1h15m25s
Using the Du-Bro 499 Tru-Spin Prop Balancer
and a balancing rod: http://www.killerrc.com/product/phantom ... ncing-rod/

Jello: Hardware problem
Micro gitters/shake: Too high gain settings on the vertical axis

Many thanks for the reply's guy's.

I already had a balancing rod but had forgot that I had it...lol...so I will have a go at balancing the props and hopefully it will be all good after that.

As an update, I had my Phantom out again after my first attempt at prop balancing and there was definately a lot less Jello in the footage this time around.
A little further tweak on the balancing and hopefully all will be good....so thanks for the advice guy's.

You might try softer vibration dampers in the gimbal mount. I had some pretty firm ones in my old gimbal and a friend gave me a set that was softer, it was a little wobbly, but the jello went away. Oh and I added a zip tie loosely to prevent the gimbal from falling off if the ride got too bumpy

Thanks Macdoogal, I think the problem was prop im-balance as I balanced the prop's and it seems a lot better now.

I wonder if moving the props to the other motor would help, when balancing isn't an option.
Anyone try that?

EDIT:
That sounds goofy, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4