New proposed FAA rules

Reaction score
Has anyone read the proposed FAA rules for UAS. Public comment closes on 4-24-16. It is getting more restrictive to fly. Please read and comment.

Which new rules are you referring to?

Ah, those. Love them! They are going to make flying much less restrictive. I cannot wait until they get released.

Why will they be hurt?

Looks pretty restrictive to me, I assume these would be laws/rules not just guidelines, if so pretty huge changes. Would be interesting to see what the examination may contain content wise... I wonder how much will pass? No more night flights a notable inclusion... and FPV ban too.

Looks pretty restrictive to me
They are actually less restrictive than the laws and/or requirements in place right now. It'll be awesome once they are out. Many, many people are going to be happy campers.

I assume these would be laws/rules not just guidelines
Right -- they will be laws.

If I am reading it correctly all operators would have to get the new UAV license, even hobby users....unless the micro category is exempt...

Reactions: 750r
The OP stated the end of cinsultation in 2016 but the site shows: The 60-day public comment period for the small UAS Notice of Proposed Rulemaking closed on April 24, 2015.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
no night flight kiss my arse

Has anyone read the proposed FAA rules for UAS. Public comment closes on 4-24-16. It is getting more restrictive to fly. Please read and comment.
If I am reading it correctly all operators would have to get the new UAV license, even hobby users....unless the micro category is exempt...
This is a year old and is a proposal to replace the ridiculous 333 exemptions + pilot's licence system for commercial use.
It has nothing to do with recreational flying.

Reactions: 750r
that's good want to keep ufo stories going in my area

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik