New Pro owner, waiting for delivery

Reaction score
Long time looker, finally decided to a get involved.
I have flown a lot of RC aircraft, Hang Gliders, Ultralights and owned and flew aircraft for many years.
I bought this Quad because it appears to be about as good as they get. Plan on taking a bit of time to get to know the craft, using p mode until I feel comfortable, then trying a bit of manual from a safe altitude.
Gear will arrive first of next week, bought extra batteries and other accessories.
My other hobby is astrophotography, where I image distant objects in the heavens.
My gallery is floydblueastrophotography.com if you would like to take a look.
BakersfieldQuadPilot

Thank you, glad you liked my images.:)
When I get a chance to go through the simulator and do all the initial setup, I am sure that I will have plenty of questions.
One thing, with all the talk about updates and issues, should I update everything before flying?
Thanks,
BQ

Hi Bakersfield! Have to check out your images. Owning any real aircraft much less a large hanger full of my favorite planes is an endeavor for someone far beyond my means.
I can't afford a drone, but when the company I work for asked me to recommend one and asked if I would fly it, I researched and the P4P+ Is what we got. At the P4 Price point, you are getting a lot of bang for your buck.
as to your question about updates -From what I've seen the answer is definitely yes, even if it delays your first flight.
you may consider going down to your local hobby shop or toy store and buying something like a World Tech Toys panther drone and getting your feet wet on something cheap. that way if you totally destroy it, you're only out 150 bucks! Just a suggestion…

Thank you, glad you liked my images.:)
When I get a chance to go through the simulator and do all the initial setup, I am sure that I will have plenty of questions.
One thing, with all the talk about updates and issues, should I update everything before flying?
Thanks,
BQ

That is almost a loaded question these days. We always update our aircraft when setting them up for clients. You would not be the first person who has skipped the updates and flown it out of the box.

Hi Bakersfield! Have to check out your images. Owning any real aircraft much less a large hanger full of my favorite planes is an endeavor for someone far beyond my means.
I can't afford a drone, but when the company I work for asked me to recommend one and asked if I would fly it, I researched and the P4P+ Is what we got. At the P4 Price point, you are getting a lot of bang for your buck.
as to your question about updates -From what I've seen the answer is definitely yes, even if it delays your first flight.
you may consider going down to your local hobby shop or toy store and buying something like a World Tech Toys panther drone and getting your feet wet on something cheap. that way if you totally destroy it, you're only out 150 bucks! Just a suggestion…
Thanks, I took your advice and found that Quad for $91, free shipping through Amazon. It will arrive on the same day as the Phantom, so I will fly it a bunch before I fly the Phantom.
BQ

That's great Bakersfield. I know they say 10 minutes on a charge with those but it's closer to six so you might look at spending another 20 bucks for a couple more batteries if you want to play with it more than a few times a day. And another plus with such a short flight time - once you're used to that, 20 to 25 minutes seems like a true luxury !!

I wi
That's great Bakersfield. I know they say 10 minutes on a charge with those but it's closer to six so you might look at spending another 20 bucks for a couple more batteries if you want to play with it more than a few times a day. And another plus with such a short flight time - once you're used to that, 20 to 25 minutes seems like a true luxury !!
I'll look into the batteries, see what I can find.
Thanks for the advice.
BQ

Ok, I am excited, the P4P came in and batteries are charging.
Unpacking revealed a new box, sealed and everything there as expected.

The hard case-backpack is great, well made and comfortable to wear too. If I would have asked for 1 thing, more storage for props and stuff. Still a very nice case for the money.

I can get 2 spare batteries, 2 sets of props, 12vdc + 120vac chargers, cables and lenses, but no place for the charging hub. Oh well, a small kit bag is no problem.

Still waiting for the Marco Polo and the Saddle Bag for the beacon, as well as a couple of other small items, like an adapter for my 10.1" Tab 4 Wifi-Cellular tablet. Did get the shade fore it, another good product, white exterior and black anti-reflective interior, seems to shade well.

No plans to fly it until I get more time on the trainer. But, I can't wait!
BQ

Got a deal on 2 batteries and an extra charger, so now 3 batteries to use for training. Now I need a bigger place to fly, looking at what is close by that I could use, so I can do more than hover and move around a bit.
BQ

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic