New Pro 4 Advanced Owner. Some Questions?

Reaction score
I have a Mavic and needed to upgrade the camera. Got the Pro4 Advanced with the screen. How do I use 3rd. party apps like Drone Deploy and Litchi when their not on the built in monitor which is a preparatory substitute for the iPhone? Also I see there's some built in storage. Is it in the Drone or Controller and how do I get images off of it to my Mac? Do I need to do any updates to the Drone itself or are the Firmware, IMU and any other calibrations done only through the controller, which Ive already done? Great to not have to connect my iPhone to the drone like the Mavic but also becomes a bit more confusing. Whats the USB connectors and wires for it the controller have built in WiFi and syncs with the Drone wirelessly? Thanks in advance for the help. Love the Pilots forums!

How do I use 3rd. party apps like Drone Deploy and Litchi
You cannot install those 3rd party apps. DJI GO is the only option at this time.

how do I get images off of it to my Mac?
The best quality images are stored on the memory card in your Phantom. Remove the memory card, insert it into a memory card reader (like this one), and plug it into your computer to transfer the files from it.

Whats the USB connectors and wires for it the controller have built in WiFi and syncs with the Drone wirelessly?
The ports on the back of the remote controller will come in handy later when DJI releases new products like the DJI Goggles.

Your gonna be kinda pissed if you were planning on using 3rd party apps with the P4A and screen built in! Msinger answered it all!

Thanks msinger and your reply. Yes that is a drag. I was planning on using Drone Deploy and Hangar 360. I guess I'm going to have to use the Mavic for this photo project. I see there is an application tab in the software. I was hoping it was for 3rd party. The least DJI could do was to incorporate some pano software in their app.

Your gonna be kinda pissed if you were planning on using 3rd party apps with the P4A and screen built in! Msinger answered it all!

Thanks msinger and your reply. Yes that is a drag. I was planning on using Drone Deploy and Hangar 360. I guess I'm going to have to use the Mavic for this photo project. I see there is an application tab in the software. I was hoping it was for 3rd party. The least DJI could do was to incorporate some pano software in their app.

DJI has no plans to support 3rd party apps in their monitors, including CrystalSky. It is somewhat surprising that you didn't look into this prior to your purchase, as it is all over their FAQs on the DJI website and all over the forums.... moreover, you should read the horrible reviews of the built-in screen. It is buggy and the version of DJI GO is 3 versions behind the iOS version.
You could have gotten a P4P for LESS than what you paid and had the 5.8 frequency added which allows perfect flight, even at long distances- in high interference areas as well as 3rd party apps and a less buggy system with more up to date app versions.

I'm always surprised at the lack of due diligence that some people undertake before purchases like this.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Go figure. You're right I should have done research. I like the attached screen. No wires to plug in but I get your points.

DJI has no plans to support 3rd party apps in their monitors, including CrystalSky. It is somewhat surprising that you didn't look into this prior to your purchase, as it is all over their FAQs on the DJI website and all over the forums.... moreover, you should read the horrible reviews of the built-in screen. It is buggy and the version of DJI GO is 3 versions behind the iOS version.
You could have gotten a P4P for LESS than what you paid and had the 5.8 frequency added which allows perfect flight, even at long distances- in high interference areas as well as 3rd party apps and a less buggy system with more up to date app versions.

I'm always surprised at the lack of due diligence that some people undertake before purchases like this.

Go figure. You're right I should have done research. I like the attached screen. No wires to plug in but I get your points.
I've got the Plus, and I love it. No overheating, no connection issues, no cables to fuss with. I can be up and flying in less than a minute. And it's plenty bright for use in the sun.
If you read closely, most of the posts you see complaining about the Plus are from people that don't own one. Most of us that do own one are satisfied. I certainly am.
And you can always downgrade to the "standard" receiver (without the screen) if 3rd party apps are that important to you. I personally suspect DJI will be allowing them, sooner or later.

Reactions: bad karma
I've got the Plus, and I love it. No overheating, no connection issues, no cables to fuss with. I can be up and flying in less than a minute. And it's plenty bright for use in the sun.
If you read closely, most of the posts you see complaining about the Plus are from people that don't own one. Most of us that do own one are satisfied. I certainly am.
And you can always downgrade to the "standard" receiver (without the screen) if 3rd party apps are that important to you. I personally suspect DJI will be allowing them, sooner or later.

Actually I have used both.

Really? Plugging a cord into a slot isn't exactly something that imposes some burden of time.

Yeah- spend another $300 on another remote because your extra $300 was spent for something with more limitations! Genius! $2000 instead of $1499!

Your "personal" suspicion they will allow 3rd party apps is also wrong. 6 months later, they still have no plans. They want a paired down, locked down crappy version of Android and not to have any other apps. You can check with the Litchi developer- they told him this. DJI won't even support their OWN Ground Station software. That alone should tell you about their "intent". They are 3 software versions behind on GO.
And there are countless forums of people talking about it being buggy, etc. on DJI's own site. People literally are begging people to trade their Pro+ RC for a regular Pro RC. And lastly, who would you rather trust for a bug fix in a device- Apple, or DJI??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic