New potential camera for the FC40?

Reaction score
Hi guys, just thought I might post this on here to see if any of you guys know anything about this? If not might make an interesting alternative to the FC40 camera. I work in a cycle store myself and have recently learned of a new action cam made by Shimano. http://www.shimano-sportcamera.com/en/product.php I was just wondering if anyone new about the potential range of the wifi as the live view looks much faster than the FC40 camera in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8x9gHrK1Qs . If it does turn out that it has a long wifi range then I believe it could be an exceptional replacement for the FC40 camera since it uses the go pro mount that comes with our drones and costs a fraction of the price of a go pro ($300 or £179) it is also equipped with what shimano calls 'Angle Free mode' which allows the video to be flipped the correct way up both in the raw video and on the live view app which is useful since this will presumably be slung upside down, underneath the phantom. What are your guys views on this? Does anyone have experience with this model concerning the wifi range? as if its still on par with the FC40 cam this could be a serious alternative.

Nice camera for what it does. I see the body style as a problem. It wont fit a gimbal. The SJ4000s on the other hand will because they are essentially Go Pro clones. They don't however have WIFI.

Yes well I wasn't expecting it to be used with a gimbal , more of the FC40 camera 2.0. If the streaming is faster and has similar range to the FC40 and is able to reccord at 1080p while being controlled from a phone like the stock camera it could make a good option if someone was not interested in using a gimbal but wanted 1080p with fpv with a shock proof camera without any external peripherals, it could be ideal.

I don't get it.. I'm showing this nearly the same price as a gopro?? Why wouldn't someone just buy gopro?

I'm seeing round about 200gbp. The bennefit would be the fast responce fpv and hd recording in one package.

Joesrevolution said:
Yes well I wasn't expecting it to be used with a gimbal , more of the FC40 camera 2.0. If the streaming is faster and has similar range to the FC40 and is able to reccord at 1080p while being controlled from a phone like the stock camera it could make a good option if someone was not interested in using a gimbal but wanted 1080p with fpv with a shock proof camera without any external peripherals, it could be ideal.

My conclusion after watching a lot of video shot from Phantoms is that if you don't put a gimbal on it, there's no point in upgrading the camera.

Maybe if you're only interested in shooting stills.

Why not just get a Hero-4 The entry level model - £99 - featuring high-quality 1080p30 and 720p60 video, HERO delivers the same immersive footage that’s made GoPro one of the best-selling cameras in the world—all in a simplified experience that’s easy for everyone. Fits on the stock FC-40 mount as I did the same... just remove the black s/a mount and screw on....and its has great footage cause its a GoPro.... ;) ;)

Has anyone tried this camera yet? I want to know the range and video quality on it. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj