New POI, Waypoint over a 9/11 Memorial...

TAZ

Reaction score
Was able to utilize POI as the theme of this video intermixed with Course Lock, and Waypoints with my P3P in a local residents personal 9/11 memorial he erected in his front yard. I just dropped by thinking perhaps he may have some sensitivity in allowing an "aircraft" to fly over his Twin Towers. Turns out he is also a drone enthusiast (although not Phantom) and has several RC planes too and a super cool guy. Even offered my a beer and I hung out with him while he greeted people that just dropped by to support his efforts.

In all, everything worked flawlessly...except for CL. It was a bit of a squeaker flying between the towers because CL allows too much lateral movement. I saved a few of my waypoints and intend on returning some evening and record a rerun of the waypoint footage, but at night. The Towers are fully lit, so should make for an interesting use of the resulting waypoint video of day vs. night.

There was some news coverage of his efforts also: Edgewood man creates towering tribute to Twin Towers

usa-eagle-800.jpg

That's pretty cool. Seeing your title, I thought you were flying over the Memorial in NYC.
How tall is that memorial anyway? What's it made of?

Changed the title to say "a" memorial. No...wouldn't be flying over THE memorial. It's about 30' tall. Made of steel and acrylic. They weigh about 1200lbs apiece and are anchored in 22,000lb concrete bases.

Very good, serious supporters, good job and pass a thanks along from,other states.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik