New plus, radar inaccurate

Reaction score
All flies well, did the calibration in the field away from all metal. But when I fly towards 12 o'clock, the radar shows the plus going towards 3 o'clock and facing backwards. Any suggestions on how to calibrate the radar?

In case you may not be aware, the radar shows the Phantom's relative position to the smartphone. If you turn your smartphone toward the phantom, it will move on the screen. Give it a try.

Understood. I have myself/transmitter/tablet facing towards the battery LED's on the Phantom. I then lift off to 60 feet or so and give it forward speed straight ahead. The radar is then indicating that the + is heading to my right/at 3oclock. This never happened with my non-plus vision/the radar was always accurate with regards to the phantoms heading/direction

phantomguy said:
Understood. I have myself/transmitter/tablet facing towards the battery LED's on the Phantom. I then lift off to 60 feet or so and give it forward speed straight ahead. The radar is then indicating that the + is heading to my right/at 3oclock. This never happened with my non-plus vision/the radar was always accurate with regards to the phantoms heading/direction

i noticed this happened to me yesterday on a flight. after a while it cleared and showed the correct heading. not sure what causes this.

Now Im thinking the "issue" may be on the tablet (Nexus 7) side. It's almost as if everything is 45 degrees to the right from the aspect of radar accuracy. Wondering if the Vision software/app didnt recognize (for some reason) the fact that I have the tablet horizontal (which I assume is the way everyone has their tablets mounted). WIll test again later but that seems to be the most likely scenario.

This is exactly what I do a whole series of checks before I take off far/out of view. If I dont have everything 100% working like it should, it's a no go for me

So ive confirmed that with my Iphone 5s, the radar is fully accurate. But on my Nexus 7 tablet running version 1.0.40 of the DJI Vision app, the radar is completely inaccurate regardless of orientation of the tablet. Anyone else seeing this issue?

MikesTooLz said:
mobile devices need to have their compass's calibrated from time to time just like the phantom.

I wanted to give this thread a bump. My radar had also become innaccurate last night so I installed a compass app on my phone and sure enough, the phone compass was out of whack. I calibrated the phone and now the radar is accurate again. Thanks mike, you tool. ;)

D_Tshudy said:
MikesTooLz said:
mobile devices need to have their compass's calibrated from time to time just like the phantom.

I wanted to give this thread a bump. My radar had also become innaccurate last night so I installed a compass app on my phone and sure enough, the phone compass was out of whack. I calibrated the phone and now the radar is accurate again. Thanks mike, you tool. ;)

Not sure if this is relevant but according to this article:

Bounden delays iOS to Android port after finding many Google phones' gyroscopes don't work
By Daniel Eran Dilger

Game Oven, the developer of Bounden, a novel dancing app making use of iPhone's gyroscope, has delayed its planned Android port after finding that even top tier devices using Google's platform have defective, inconsistent and in some cases completely faked gyroscope hardware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub