New plus owner, need advice!

Reaction score
Hello All,
Bought a used p2v+ v3. Flies great, gimbal works great, BUT constantly " CONNECTION TO PHANTOM LOST "
I've never established connection since I've owned it! Just swirley thing, black screen! Only thing blue is range extender batt, and wifi symbol ( got 3 bars wifi ) nothing else lit up all blacked out!

I have a solid red light on gimbal, no telemetry, only life I get through app is extender battery life! Other than that only a twirley thing goes round and round! Been searching around but my problem seems to be unique. I bypassed the gimbal, rerouted power wire from wifi unit directly to cam port main board, still nothing. However when I track hidden Mac addy through InSSIDer app, I see it ( weak ) but it's there, extender will link to wifi, but no feed no telemetry, I ordered a new ribbon cable, because looking around at similar issues, ribbon is a problem, however why don't I have telemetry with gimbal unhooked, and bypassed?
Wifi unit gets a bit warm after being on a while, I also tried the thermal paste gimmick, on ICU , no luck!

Is the wifi unit bad, or is ribbon cable the problem? Or is it something I'm overlooking?
Any help would be appreciated.

J Dot
:cool:

A few things. ..
The wifi module signal is always weak.
If you have lowered your fpv to 240 at 15fps and checked the wiring and still not working then it's likely a fried wifi module.

Also..
Thermal paste won't revive it. The artic silver is only good for preventative measures on new wifi modules. Once the module is fried your only option is to replace.

Hey Mako79
Yeah, waiting on new module, I replaced ribbon , only to find the same gimmick. Solid red light on gimbal, nothing through app, no control of gimbal, no control of camera, no picture, no video, nothing.
Only life is wifi signal is blue, and extender battery is blue, everything else is blacked out. Gimbal works beautifully, when you manually move bird around, just no control. Will try lowering preview quality tonight to check. Did the wifi bypass, still no telemetry. The red light on gimbal is what worries me!

Plus I noticed, the app acts weird on the plus, on my regular vision, comes right up, and works, with the plus, app freezes, then flashes, then comes up after a long pause, like it is switching to a different version of the app, when I start it, just plain weird!
The ribbon was no fun replacing, got camera shaft 180 degrees off, had to redo it, fine now ( gimbal operation ) just no manual operation! Will have module fri or sat. Will keep you posted!

J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20