new pilot, still flying in circles

Reaction score
First flights were yesterday and today. Got everything hooked up and synced. App working. Calibrated the compass as directed, horizontal and vertical. Got slow flashing green light and 7 sattelites. Every time I take off, the PV takes off on a 20 or so circle and is uncontrollable. I cant control it with the rt switch up or down. finally I have to bring it down to an uncontrolled landing. I have recalibrated several times. Any ideas? Thanks

Stick with it mate, I had a very similar experience, quad was all over the place, crashes, all in all a nightmare.
Suddenly one day went out and it just went perfectly. I can't definitively say what was going on, could be I was panicking a bit I honestly don't know. Like you I only get 7 or 8 satellites (New Zealand isn't important to the USA). About all I can suggest is you calibrate everything again, first the quad then the compass.

OK, ran the assistant and updated everything (including the assistant). Re-calibrated the compass. So we shall see tonight. BTW, 7 satellites is pretty good generally. Remember the whole constellation is 24 + 1 spare. Even under perfect conditions you could only receive 10 or so.

usaken said:
OK, ran the assistant and updated everything (including the assistant). Re-calibrated the compass. So we shall see tonight. BTW, 7 satellites is pretty good generally. Remember the whole constellation is 24 + 1 spare. Even under perfect conditions you could only receive 10 or so.

Heck here in the Los Angeles area, many times at my local park 2 minutes from my house, I typically get 10+ sats and most likely will hit at least 12 to as many as 14, that is I have noticed 14 briefly then drops to 13.

Yeah, also in Christchurch, NZ. On a good day I've had 9 connections but typically is 7. I also have F550 with Naza v2 which can honestly take 5 minutes to connect to enough satellites to get full green lights. My P2 usually links up to 6> in less than a minute.

I live in Northwood, 7.5 Kim's from Chch Intl Airport so I'm going to hold off upgrading to V3.0 so I can still exceed 120m altitude from my home. It's enough of a pain that my GS won't operate from home :|

I have found that when taking off for the first time of the day, the PV2 will circle a ever widening circle if left at a low level of 20 feet or less. If I run it up to 60 feet or so and let it settle down up there after a short time, and it always does, then I let it back to 20 feet or less and it holds position from then on for the rest of the day. Not sure if it is alt. compass, or gps issue but it works for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4