New Pilot, 2nd hand Phantom 3 Advanced

Reaction score
Hi Everybody
I got my first drone yesterday. I live and work on a sheep farm and got this drone to help with checking sheep and gathering stock. I'm still getting used to the distance it goes and the live video. I have questions though that I hope to find in your forums, eg can the P3 adv fly in the rain, can I use non-dji batteries (I only have one just now and I feel like I need 3!)? Also what's the cheapest suitable tablet that I can use with it? My wife is going to want her work iPad back soon!
Thanks, Jim

Reactions: dirkclod
I have the same iPad problem with my wife. Can't help there.

It doesn't like the rain.

If it's still in warranty, I wouldn't chance losing your DJI warranty on a non DJI battery. I heard the non DJI batteries are just as reliable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9397jim
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

can the P3 adv fly in the rain
Some people have reported it flies okay in very light rain. I don't recommend it though since the Phantom is not waterproof. And DJI won't cover your Phantom under warranty if you choose to do so and damage your Phantom.

can I use non-dji batteries
There are a few brands of 3rd party batteries available (like Powerextra). Check out the reviews before deciding to use them. Also, keep in mind that DJI might void parts (or possibly all) of your warranty if you decide to fly with 3rd party batteries and need to make a claim for something that is normally covered by their warranty.

what's the cheapest suitable tablet that I can use with it?
You can find a list of recommended and commonly used tablets here. The tablets with the lower specs are generally cheaper, but you usually get what you pay for.

If you fly in the rain, DJI has little white stickers that say DJI on them in the drone. They turn red when they get wet. Big brother will know.

Thanks everyone, you've made me feel welcomed. I won't fly my P3Adv in the rain, which is annoying as it has rained all day here in Lanarkshire and I really want to play!

Hi Everybody
I got my first drone yesterday. I live and work on a sheep farm and got this drone to help with checking sheep and gathering stock. I'm still getting used to the distance it goes and the live video. I have questions though that I hope to find in your forums, eg can the P3 adv fly in the rain, can I use non-dji batteries (I only have one just now and I feel like I need 3!)? Also what's the cheapest suitable tablet that I can use with it? My wife is going to want her work iPad back soon!
Thanks, Jim
Welcome to the forum Jim!

If you are interested, click here for several tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners.

Cheers!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj