New Phantom Vision 2 plus takeoff issues

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having some take off issues with my new Phantom Vision 2 Plus, after charging the batteries, reading the instructions and then going out into the garden I calibrated the compass which went ok, configured the Wi-Fi, iPhone etc., received video and could see 6 satellites registering on the iPhone the lights showing solid green underneath, I tried to take off and the phantom seemed to go everywhere no stability at all, brought it down quickly and it tipped over whilst I tried to power it down.

I have repeated this a couple of times and I am getting concerned there is something wrong here.

I have been flying a Blade 350QX for about 12 months and in the same location I can take off and feel comfortable, with the Phantom I was concerned it was going to crash or it fly into me.

The videos I have seen all seem to show the Phantom as even more stable than the 350QX which I could easily walk around whilst it held position the phantom I couldn't even look at the iPhone display, it almost seemed like it was in some odd mode.

I had both switches in the upper most position.

Any helpful advice gratefully received.

Peter.

Plug in to the Phantom Assistant software and have a look to make sure there are no warning messages. Have a look at the values on the compass data page and see if the MOD value is out of range. If that all looks ok then put the aircraft on a solid, level, vibration-free surface and run an IMU calibration and see if that helps on the next test flight.

In normal operation in GPS mode (both switches up, effectively) and 6+ satellites locked you should get a very stable performance with excellent hover capabilities. Even without satellite lock the atti mode should keep things on a good even keel, it'll just drift with any wind, so something's not quite right.

Found this today ( read bottom line )
7B9A1283-2858-489A-8862-04D2407B0BDA_zpsbxro8bf3.png

Keep us informed!

Take care, Fly safe!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20