New Phantom Swede!

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My name is Sebastian and I'm from Sweden. As my username suggests I'm a football fan and the favourite team is Juventus. I got my first Phantom drone which is a Phantom 2 just 3-4 weeks ago and I have fallen in love with it.

It's becoming a passion and obsession really. I have flown RC helicopters indoors and the Parrot A.R. Drone and they were always fun but I never thought it would be this thrilling and exciting every single time I've flown the Phantom 2.

Right now my setup is pretty poor, I don't have an FPV. Basically flying blind and have a Sony X1000V 4K action cam attached to the drone upside down with a helmet mount. I've also bought a tilt adapter for that cam so I can shoot video but won't be able to control or tilt mid flight. The video looks really good, except for when I actually move the drone because it gets really jerky and without a gimbal doesn't look so good except for slow panning...

So I will be upgrading my drone pretty soon but seeing as I have a 4K TV and a pretty fast computer and an Action Cam that already shoots 4K... I'm thinking I kind of want 4K video on the drone as well. So that translates to Phantom 3 Professional or whatever DJI have in stock for Phantom 4 lineup...

If you want 4k, don't let anyone talk you into buying the Phantom 3 4k, Just get the Phantom 3 Professional. The majority of people that buy the Phantom 3 Standard and Phantom 3 4K end up unhappy with their range. I have had issues with some soft areas in my shots and DJI is going to fix it, it is a possible issue with all Phantom 3 models, but not everyone has had that problem.

Yeah, I've definetly thought about getting a Standard or 4K model. But I know I only do that for the price, and from all that I've read and heard lightbridge is super cool and a steal at these prices. So I've pondeted long and hard between the Advanced and Professional. Seeing as the price difference is much bigger now than when they launched... But I guess I'll just have to wait for the Phantom 4 announcement before I can really decide to go with the newer models or the current ones...

Also I have an iPad Air 2 which I want to use as my FPV screen. That rules out the standard and 4K models due to their controllers being unable to hold it...

Yeah, I've definetly thought about getting a Standard or 4K model. But I know I only do that for the price, and from all that I've read and heard lightbridge is super cool and a steal at these prices. So I've pondeted long and hard between the Advanced and Professional. Seeing as the price difference is much bigger now than when they launched... But I guess I'll just have to wait for the Phantom 4 announcement before I can really decide to go with the newer models or the current ones...

Also I have an iPad Air 2 which I want to use as my FPV screen. That rules out the standard and 4K models due to their controllers being unable to hold it...
The 4k model does have the same device mount as the Advanced and Pro, and you could always mod the standard controller HOW TO: Install tablet mount on a Phantom 3 Standard remote controller
I think you will be waiting a while for the Phantom 4. The idea of being able to record in 4k is good but for the price difference between the advanced and pro it might not make sense to get the Pro. I mostly take pictures with my Pro and the Advanced has the same camera, the reason I got the pro is so I could have better image transmission when I get HDMI set up on the controller but I have yet to do that. You could get the advanced as a starter and I am sure you would be quite happy with it. Even if you do get the Standard or 4K, you will be getting a RTF package that has FPV already included which is an amazing thing actually.

I'm Happy with my plan standard which I did mod but had plans to before I got it and I will have the 3K before ever having the Pro so I guess you really have to do some reading in the 2 sections on issue with both to see which you had rather deal with .
Funny how it's like Sinisalo said the most you read in Standard/3K section is on distance when what I have seen with the other's
is other stuff .
3k hasn't really been out long enough to see many issues with it yet and see the price has already dropped on it so when it drops again I will have it .
Again like Sinisalo says don't let no one Talk you into nothing do your research and decide for yourself .
Welcome to the forum .:)

I'm Happy with my plan standard which I did mod but had plans to before I got it and I will have the 3K before ever having the Pro so I guess you really have to do some reading in the 2 sections on issue with both to see which you had rather deal with .
Funny how it's like Sinisalo said the most you read in Standard/3K section is on distance when what I have seen with the other's
is other stuff .
3k hasn't really been out long enough to see many issues with it yet and see the price has already dropped on it so when it drops again I will have it .
Again like Sinisalo says don't let no one Talk you into nothing do your research and decide for yourself .
Welcome to the forum .:)
You might wanna do your own research before you offer advice, there is no "3k" model as you put it.

You might wanna do your own research before you offer advice, there is no "3k" model as you put it.
Didn't come out right is all ,sorry . Is in the Standard section as it's 2,4 and 5.8 . My bad
And I do my own research Sinisalo as I have for almost 2 years but will keep your suggestion in mind ,Thanks for the correction ;)

The 4k model does have the same device mount as the Advanced and Pro, and you could always mod the standard controller HOW TO: Install tablet mount on a Phantom 3 Standard remote controller
I think you will be waiting a while for the Phantom 4. The idea of being able to record in 4k is good but for the price difference between the advanced and pro it might not make sense to get the Pro. I mostly take pictures with my Pro and the Advanced has the same camera, the reason I got the pro is so I could have better image transmission when I get HDMI set up on the controller but I have yet to do that. You could get the advanced as a starter and I am sure you would be quite happy with it. Even if you do get the Standard or 4K, you will be getting a RTF package that has FPV already included which is an amazing thing actually.

You saying that I'll be waiting quite a while for the Phantom 4 got me really itching for a Phantom 3... **** it :)

But really the thing is also that I'm getting married in april and we got this drone partly because of the honeymoon where we'll be going to the Maldives and then to Dubai for a few nights. But I've emailed the Dubai police and the customs because I wanted to know how to transport my Phantom 2... In the carry on or the cheked in baggage but the simply said "you are hereby informed that it is not allowed to bring it at all."

So that got me very sad, mainly because I wanted to shoot some video in the Maldives... And since I can't bring it to the honeymoon in April, I'm not really in too much of a hurry to get a new drone :(

You saying that I'll be waiting quite a while for the Phantom 4 got me really itching for a Phantom 3... **** it :)

But really the thing is also that I'm getting married in april and we got this drone partly because of the honeymoon where we'll be going to the Maldives and then to Dubai for a few nights. But I've emailed the Dubai police and the customs because I wanted to know how to transport my Phantom 2... In the carry on or the cheked in baggage but the simply said "you are hereby informed that it is not allowed to bring it at all."

So that got me very sad, mainly because I wanted to shoot some video in the Maldives... And since I can't bring it to the honeymoon in April, I'm not really in too much of a hurry to get a new drone :(
Sounds like you need a nice DSLR that can shoot 4K video as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.