New Phantom owner

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm am new to the personal drone world and am excited to get started. I was a Reaper operator in the USAF so I'm no stranger to the practice I will need to get the photos/videos I need. What I don't know is, what are some essential things I need to buy/upgrade to enhance my experience. I have the P3s. Any and all info will be welcomed and appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

SNWMN209:
First and foremost, thanks so much for your service and I do believe your experience with the Reaper is likely to serve you well with the Phantom. For my part, I bought my P3S last Sunday after literally a year of researching and reading. I flew a blade nano indoors for the better part of a year and became very comfortable flying the simulator as well.

The only additional accessory I bought wast a 32gb Sandisk Ultra microSD card and I am very happy with that addition ($17 at Best buy). I have now logged 12 flights with my P3S and have WONDERFUL video of my new home on the coast of Maine. Very satisfying. I do expect I will add another battery or two to my arsenal, and I do imagine that filters on the cam can improve the quality of video (although I still find it AMAZING).

I do recommend being very conservative, don't test the range of the drone too early and be sure your are comfortable with the RTH function; start in beginner mode limiting your distance to 30m. You won't regret being careful. By your third or forth fly, turn off the beginner mode and set your maximum range at 120m and fly another 3 or 4 flights. From there the sky's the limit. I am delighted with the little drone, I'm sure you will be too.

Good luck, fly safe and best for the New Year.

Steve

Thanks for the input Steve! I will definitely take your advice. Glad to know you are pleased with the P3S. I was debating spending the extra for the advanced, but ultimately reason took over and I thought it best to go basic for my first drone...though from what I've seen even the standard is pretty amazing.

Also get a good sturdy case to hold your bird & accessories...and your FAA Registration Card. I have the Koozam Compact Case, nice and sturdy and holds everything I need.

I use the windsurfer on my P3S. Unfortunately haven't been able to do any serious testing due to the weather here and my lack of available time. My son has the P3Pro and just added the windsurfer. He just went over 11,000' distance at about 400' high with more left, but didn't want to push it with the batteries, especially here in the cold weather of WI.

I've been reading a lot about the windsurfers, but I thought they only really helped with fpv at further distances.

I've been reading a lot about the windsurfers, but I thought they only really helped with fpv at further distances.

Yup, they help with video (FPV), which you lose first. I mean without video you're flyng blind.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj