new phantom fc40

Reaction score
Hi i have my new phantom and have a few questions if anyone could help. Firstly the red led lights that tell you how many satalites you have locked in, do these flash before the flashing green homelock or after. The first time a flew it it was just flashing green after the set up, then the other day after set up it flashed green once and then red once all the time so i didnt take it up to be on the safe side. The next question is are the homelock course lock and failsafe modes all ready programmed on the new fc40 or is this something i am going to need to turn on with the computer. I all so see some people are saying that the right hand top swith in the bottom position is failsafe, but i tought both middle and bottom on the right were ATTI. cheers guys

for the light questions, please check out youtube. a lot of info about it and you see what it does.

The failsafe needs to be turned on through the computer. and also the course lock and home lock.

Ok cheers i will try and work out how to turn on all my fuctions. For the lights tho i have searched and searched youtube tho and can only find vids of people saying how many red flashes to how many satilites. No body says tho when the red flashes happen to tell you this. Is it during some stage of set up before the 20 green homelock flashes or after when its ready to fly. any help with this would be great.

Hey, I'm fairly new @ this as well,but I have noticed the home lock only activates on mine when I have 1 or no red lights blinking during the satellite search. Be careful, it's really addictive!

So the red lights that tell us how many satalites its connected to is during the start up before the 20 green flashes of homepoint not after. if so why was mine flashing green then red after it had set up the other day do you know.

If you get a lot of reds flashing it might indicate battery low voltage or that you have moved or jostled your a/c before the homelock greens have shown.

Keep us advised

Pete

the battery was 3.8v per cell when it flashed green and then red after sart up so i guessed it could have been blinging green and red to tell me the battery was low. I didnt know it blinked green and then red all the time tho, i thought it just blinked red the once to let you know it was low. So still need to know when the red flashes happen to tell me how many satiltes are locked in. Is it during the start up or after when the phantom is ready to take of and do they bling red and then green all the time or just the once on start up.

sorry i meant blinked red after the green, i know it blinks green after start up, it was just the red blink that was puzzling me.

3.8v is when my 1st level voltage kicks in and you will get a red flash mixed in until it hits 2nd level and all red flashes.
If the lipo is full and still having the same results. Try staring it up in a different spot something may be causing it not to connect to 6+ satellites to accomplish all green flashes. Good luck.

If you get a green and a red, you don't have 6 satellites yet. I wouldn't fly under those circumstances. That has never happened to me.

There are times when you may not have enough satellites visible. I have an app on my iPhone called "GPS Plan" that shows the satellites above the horizon and their positions. Another one called "Magnetology" shows the "KP Index". The Sun can sometimes interfere with GPS signals and you don't want to fly when the index is too high.

Ok cheers, i will download them apps and have a look and learn to what the index is and what is to high, many thnaks

Got the apps cheers,at what kp level would you not recommend flying cheers. I have read it goes from 0 to 9 but dont know what is to high for flying really. many thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik