New Phantom FC40 Missing Parts

Reaction score
Ok so I just opened the box to my new Phantom FC40 and there are only 6 screws out of the 8 that are suppose to be in the box to attached the landing gear. This is not a good start. Then tried charging the camera via the supplied USB cable and when I hook it up to my computer it won't charge. Just has the solid red light. I'm not so sure about this purchase anymore. I hope things start getting better from here. I've sent an email to DJI to request some replacement screws but now I'm reading they have pretty terrible customer service. I guess well see what happens. Maybe I will just have to head over to local hardware store and try to match the screws. :(

Ok. It appears it is missing more than just 2 screws. I'm not sure how many it is suppose to come with but it is missing the screws to attache the camera mount. This is an epic fail.

I know it's too late now but I have a FC40 on its way(UPS) when i ordered it I bought the complete replc screw set for like $5. As I've read this happening quit frequent. Fingers crossed. I hope you can find the missing hardware needed to get you up in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try using a wall charger. Plugging into a computer USB doesn't always work.

I think I saw that replacement screw set for $5. I may just end up buying one of those since it's missing more screws than I original thought. I got 6 and and I need at least 12. I don't have any to attach the camera to the bottom of the Phantom or the phone holder to the remote. I emailed DJI and we'll see if anything happens with that. If not I will just order a set from somewhere.

Thanks npalen. I ended up using my iPhone wall plug and that worked to charge the camera. Probably better with that anyways.

I thought the same when I got my FC40, but it turned out there were 2 packs of screws in the box, one in a bag and another one in the corner, looking suspiciously like a bag of silica gel! It was only when I returned it to the retailer and opened another box that I worked it out.

Worth checking in case!

Wasabijim said:
Ok so I just opened the box to my new Phantom FC40 and there are only 6 screws out of the 8 that are suppose to be in the box to attached the landing gear. This is not a good start. Then tried charging the camera via the supplied USB cable and when I hook it up to my computer it won't charge. Just has the solid red light. I'm not so sure about this purchase anymore. I hope things start getting better from here. I've sent an email to DJI to request some replacement screws but now I'm reading they have pretty terrible customer service. I guess well see what happens. Maybe I will just have to head over to local hardware store and try to match the screws. :(

Mellow....Hi, today we have things done internationally so it might not be as we here in America expect. As pointed out in the post above mine, your screws are there. They are in that little bag that looks like silica. Also, I remember seeing somewhere to have charge the camera with a phone charger, not with your computer. Ok? Now remember, this is very important. Do not fly your quad. It will crash, it will break, and you will cry. Do you want to cry? I know I don't want to cry especially in front of other people. SO, learn to fly before you take off for the wide open spaces. DJI has made such an incredible machine/toy that we/I might not appreciate fully what we got here.

You are going to have so much fun...and I really hope you do not take offense to my comments above, they really are meant for me and I will explain. When I got my FC40 one of the black tipped props would not go on properly, and when on I could not get it off. I got pissed, I wrote DJI and asked why they sell crap and what was I supposed to do if I could never remove the prop. (remember I only had owned the thing for a few hours.) I tried over and over,using the enclosed wrench, then I took a pair of pliers and tried to remove it. It would not budge. I thought maybe the motor would have to be replaced. I kept checking which way the props came off, I tried the props on both sides of the stuck one and I could not get that stuck one off going that direction which was the obvious direction to go. Yeah, right. dumb *** I am. Anyway a week later I got a return email from DJI asking if I still had a problem. Yes, DJI is slow to respond to dumb ***'s like me and **** like that can make it hard for a company to do the real service necessary. I worked for a company 20 years ago that suffered from that issue, Packard Bell. Folks would get their new computer, see the piece of paper about service and call us to see if we would be there if they had a problem in the future. Anyway. I sure hope I am right and you are laughing at my funny post with your legs on and your camera charged and mounted. 'member your camera needs a memory card to work. Good luck and let us know how it goes, bro.

On some computers usb the camera wont charge unless you put the computer in to sleep/standby mode. When the computer is on it thinks your trying to hook it up as a devise. lie if you want to see the videos on the card instead of charging it.

Then it should start charging. and you should see the red light blink as its chargeing then when its do the red led will shut off.

Thanks all. I think you are probably right njpollard. I remember seeing to packs of what I thought were silica gel in the box. I talked to DJI this morning and they said the same thing you did that the other screw bags look like silica packs. So when I get home tonight I will look again.

Thanks for the reply Wedeliver. I have several other quads but this is my first really expensive quad. My excitement was a little deflated when I couldn't find all the screws so I overreacted when I put the post up. I did manage to fly it yesterday. This is the best quad I've flown by far. It is so easy to handle. I absolutely love this thing. I can't wait to get out of the office today to get home and back up in the air.

Wasabijim said:
Thanks all. I think you are probably right njpollard. I remember seeing to packs of what I thought were silica gel in the box. I talked to DJI this morning and they said the same thing you did that the other screw bags look like silica packs. So when I get home tonight I will look again.

Thanks for the reply Wedeliver. I have several other quads but this is my first really expensive quad. My excitement was a little deflated when I couldn't find all the screws so I overreacted when I put the post up. I did manage to fly it yesterday. This is the best quad I've flown by far. It is so easy to handle. I absolutely love this thing. I can't wait to get out of the office today to get home and back up in the air.

I will be waiting to hear how it goes, got my finger crossed. Don't make me keep 'em crossed for to long since I got arthritis and it will start to hurt after a while. Good luck

i had missing screw, bought a screw set for around £6, $9-10 and it contained lots and lots of screws of all different sizes, my retailer refunded me the difference, very useful

Ok. All is good in the world. The screws were in the box. I thought there were two silica packs in there but it turns out one of them was the other bag if screws.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1