New Phantom Advanced to me yaay!

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I managed to sell my FC40, and now I bought the new Phantom 3 Advanced yayay! So excited to try it :D :D

Just got a small question regarding recording video.
For best quality when flying around, should i choose 2.7k 30fps or 1080p 60fps ?
Can you see the lack of the 30 fps when shooting 2.7k :)??

if you got any else good info please let me know!

Regards Nicolai from Denmark!

Just a suggestion,

go around all the screws that hold the top shell to the bottom, loosen (take note of how tight the are) and retighten them a little less than the were originally.

This will help stop the top shell cracking around the screw holes.
No need to worrie about the screws that hold the motors.

Reactions: Holrits
Just a suggestion,

go around all the screws that hold the top shell to the bottom, loosen (take note of how tight the are) and retighten them a little less than the were originally.

I wouldn't do what he's suggesting. Fly it as is and if you have a problem DJI will take care of it!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just a suggestion,

Why would you not worry about the screws that hold the motors? After all, if you relieve pressure on the other screws, it will increase pressure on the screws you didn't relieve. I would think that's the last thing you would want to do.

60fps versus 30fps.

I would go with the higher resolution if you are going for best quality. If you know you are going to be making quick turns and flying fast then go with 60fps. You can always change in flight.

Thanks for the fast reply's i did also think about using the 1080p 60fps mode :)
I havent tried to fire it up yet, i just charged the batteries over night, i just dont understand that the charger have outlet for remote and a battery, but in the manual they write that you must not charge both at same time.. That was just what i did to start with lol....

Thanks for the fast reply's i did also think about using the 1080p 60fps mode :)
I havent tried to fire it up yet, i just charged the batteries over night, i just dont understand that the charger have outlet for remote and a battery, but in the manual they write that you must not charge both at same time.. That was just what i did to start with lol....

I think they (DJI) should've made the charge ports the same on both the RC and the drone. As far as one charger having both connections, I think that was a $$ saving thing. Better to give you one charger with 2 connections than 2 chargers each with their own.

think that was a $$ saving thing. Better to give you one charger with 2 connections than 2 chargers each with their own.

For certain a dollar saving on their part, and better for us as to having to carry around or store 2 separate chargers!

Good call on their part - they should have a notice on the chargers about not charging both units at the same time - a lot of people don't read manuals!

No need for any "stress relief" at the screws (I think that is what your intent was with suggesting this) - the new motors run much, much cooler at the bases now - hence no cracking of the shell plastic since the "expansion and contraction" of same is minimal now. The heat at the bases on the older motors was in part the reason for the cracks (think the Phantoms shells are also a different Polymer as to material used).

What should the max time for the intelligent battery lay with 100% power before its dischargin?

I thought setting it to a week?

Why would you not worry about the screws that hold the motors? After all, if you relieve pressure on the other screws, it will increase pressure on the screws you didn't relieve. I would think that's the last thing you would want to do.
The screws that hold the motors have no connection to the top shell. The bottom shell is not cracking, the TOP SHELL ls.

Just need to stress relief screws that hold the top shell, especially the ones down near the end of the arms next to the motors.

They are cracking above the screw holes. Mine did it after 6 flights, I spoke to a phantom dealer here in Australia , he told me they are getting a lot of advanced with cracks in the top shell.

Only a suggestion that might help stop disappointment.
Here is a thread showing the exact cracks that is happening: stress cracks on new PSA new motors
stress cracks on new PSA new motors

Last edited:
Yeah, 1080p60 is the way to go.

Also, don't forget about the P3A bitrate bug.

For those that don't know, the very first time you record in 1080p60, it'll record at 60Mbps. The next time, 26Mbps. In order to correct this, you must switch from video mode to camera mode in the app, and then back to video mode. It'll then record at 60Mbps. You have to do this every time.

EDIT:
This is with firmware 1.6, don't know about the previous versions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl