New phantom 4K firmware update

Reaction score
my DJI app is saying to update firmware for my 4K should I do it I have not been having any problems been seeing  the crazy stuff on upgrading my firmware can anybody help me out

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No experience with the P34K. You might check out the release notes for an idea of what has been changed or corrected. DJI's release notes often leave details missing so you may find undocumented changes you won't like. If yours is flying fine I would sit back & let those who like to update immediately do the beta testing.

Last edited:
Reactions: yankee65
Thanks I think I might just do that

If u have the p34k (not pro version) this update is only for the 4K standard. Fixed imu issue and battery update for cold weather. Some people get confused between the pro and 4K standard.

That's what I saw think I'll give it a try thanks again

This update is not for p3p if u have p3 4 standard. Be sure your phantom and RC is on. Open Go App then appears Firmware update "Tap" and the install process start. When its finished take the SD card out the Phantom go to your pc and check the folder TXT and see its success full update.

I had a success update of my p3 4k through the app but I don't have GPS mode and no satelites. Just p-opti mode. GPS satelites icon is grey. What can be the problem. I am checking inside my appartement however I don't think this is the issue. PLease help.

Give it a few weeks first to see if there is any problems with it then if all is good after that time then upgrade [emoji3]

Hi guys, I cant find any link where I could download the current version of firmware for Phantom 3 4K and the aircraft is horribly beeping. Could you help please?

Given that my P3P is now a brick after I upgraded, I am becoming more and more convinced that DJI is just another cheap Chinese manufacturer.

Moral of the story - wait at least 6 months after a DJI release before you do a firmware upgrade. Their QC/QA process is just too sloppy and too shoddy.

Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Result: Abort.
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2016.04.30 11:32:46 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2016.05.01 10:26:35 =====================

========== 2016.05.03 14:35:01 =====================

========== 2016.05.13 18:56:36 =====================

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...

and still no signal after 2months and without gps positioning no chance to use the inteligent flight modes :( no home point.... really need help here .
when i got it it was working super fine and after the update it started out not having gps signal since then nothing any idear any 1?
p.s never crashed or felt down so it should not be physical prob.

I have just updated the software for my P3Pro, controller and batteries.
I hadn't done an update since I got it so I have systematically gone through each update - all going swimmingly until I updated to the most recent version and now I have 'RC signal lost' and I can't seem to do anything to get the P3P to talk to the controller.
Home point keeps updating, so something is working, but it also won't let me calibrate the compass.

I have reached the limit of my knowledge - so I'd really appreciate some advice so I can get back in the air asap please.

thanks in advance
Ben

ps - is there any way I could 'factory reset' or wipe the lot and start again, but just not go to the most recent update perhaps???

am very relieved to say that I've got it working again.
spent hours reading online and seems like there has been a massive **** up by DJI with this latest 'upgrade'.
in the end I went back a step with the firmware and then finally the controller was able to fire up the phantom.
for future ref, this is how:
Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 10.07.52.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.