New phantom 4 pro v2.0 not connecting to remote control

Reaction score
I just got a brand new p4p v2.0 with a crystal sky monitor. I charged everything up first, the phantom batteries, The crystal sky batteries and the phantom remote remote. The first thing I did was mount the crystal sky to the phantom remote and set up my crystal sky and check that out because I was excited about it but now when I go and I try to connect the phantom to the DJI go 4 app there’s no activation process for the new drone and it’s not connecting is there something I missed? Any help is appreciated thanks!

I Dont have CS ,,signed in,,wifi on,I know there some swipe finger onscreen actions but not know how or what options come up,,try swipe finger up down or left right onscreen,,try power all up and conect CS last,might make it find it ??,,just some guessing ideas for ya
Few here that use this I'm sure they chime in when the time zone clock rolls around

Does the set up work with a normal phone and the latest version of DJI Go4 version 4.3.36 or .37 (IOS) ?

Reactions: BigL
I also have the Phantom P4P V.2.0 with the large screen Crystal Sky.
The first thing I do is power up the remote control. The Crystal Sky should power up automatically.
The display should show a screen with picture of a drone and it should also show a tab (enter device in blue letters). Next power up the drone. The enter device should change colors to green indicating that the drone is connected.
Try these steps first and let me know what happens.

The bottom of the screen will also show that the remote control is connected.
If you get this, then power up the drone, wait a little, then the enter device would change to go fly, your rc would have a green indicator light on and the display would say connected.

Did you try to back out of your screen on the Crystal Sky or shut down the CS and restarting with the rc still turned on?

I just got a brand new p4p v2.0 with a crystal sky monitor. I charged everything up first, the phantom batteries, The crystal sky batteries and the phantom remote remote. The first thing I did was mount the crystal sky to the phantom remote and set up my crystal sky and check that out because I was excited about it but now when I go and I try to connect the phantom to the DJI go 4 app there’s no activation process for the new drone and it’s not connecting is there something I missed? Any help is appreciated thanks!
In order to activate the drone you need to have/create an account at DJI, for this you need to have an internet connection via wifi on the CS, then log in.

Sorry to pee and moan. But I need some help. As some other members have posted, I am having trouble connecting my remote controller (with Crystal Sky) with my IV Pro V2.0. I bought it over a year ago, and I had everything working as it should. Then I started working on my Part 107 and changed primary jobs a couple of times. In the meantime all my drone gear sat boxed up.

I tried to initialize everything last week - charged up batteries, downloaded updates into CS. But I cannot get the controller to connect to the drone. (Yes I tried three different cables)

One thing I noticed is that every time I launch the Go4 app, it opens to a Mavic 2 drone versus the VI Pro V2.0. So I continually have to back out and get to the screen that allows me to select the Pro V2.

Once I connect the cable between the controller and the drone, I get a message of an SD card error for a few seconds. And the two pieces never connect.

I downloaded the latest version of the Go 4 app and copied it to the SD card, and inserted it into the drone. But two of the lights flash continually - Sunday they flashed for over two hours. So something is not working as it should be.

I am at a loss as to what to do. I find the owner manual to be somewhat lacking; like Step 2 Watch the Tutorial Videos. It seems that every video introduces a new term or piece of software that affects operation as well as screen displays that I have never seen.

I am not that technologically challenged, but this thing is kicking my ***!! I would appreciate any advice or guidance that anyone can provide. Like is there a complete procedure located somewhere which I could reference, versus randomly finding videos that concentrate on one or two steps? Or any other suggestions.......

Thank you in advance.

But I cannot get the controller to connect to the drone. (Yes I tried three different cables)
When the green LED on the controller stops flashing it's connected to the drone, this connection is wireless ! You should be able to start the motors now with the CSC-command (page 6 in the Quick Start Guide). You can even fly the drone, NO smart device needed.
Once I connect the cable between the controller and the drone,
????? Do you mean between the controller and the CrystalSky?
I downloaded the latest version of the Go 4 app and copied it to the SD card, and inserted it into the drone.
The GO4 app CANNOT be installed on the drone, only on a smart devices.
The Android GO4 app from Playstore is NOT compatible with the CrystalSky.
The GO4 app for the CrystalSky is embedded in the Firmware which you can download here:
Be shure to also download the 'Release notes' and the 'How to Update the Firmware of CrystalSky' PDF-files (and read them!!).

When the green LED on the controller stops flashing it's connected to the drone, this connection is wireless ! You should be able to start the motors now with the CSC-command (page 6 in the Quick Start Guide). You can even fly the drone, NO smart device needed.
The green LED on the controller does stop flashing.
????? Do you mean between the controller and the CrystalSky?
The CS is already connected to the controller.

I connected the CS to the drone.
The GO4 app CANNOT be installed on the drone, only on a smart devices.
I deleted the GO4 app on the SD card.
The Android GO4 app from Playstore is NOT compatible with the CrystalSky.
Yes, so I have discovered.
The GO4 app for the CrystalSky is embedded in the Firmware which you can download here:
Be shure to also download the 'Release notes' and the 'How to Update the Firmware of CrystalSky' PDF-files (and read them!!).
When I first turned on the controller and the CS, several updates were downloaded. But I will check this reference that you mentioned.

Thank you so much for getting back to me with such a detailed response. I would have replied sooner, but I got tied up with other work this week. I will be trying to get the drone to work this weekend.

I connected the CS to the drone.
You can NOT connect the CS to the drone!
You have to be more specific with the devices you mention, you have three:
1. The Drone
2. The Controller
3. The CS (which is a smart device)
The drone is conected wireless to the controller.
The Controller is connected via USB-cable to the CS.
That's it, NO other connections are possible!

When I first turned on the controller and the CS, several updates were downloaded
After this download is finished the CS will ask you if you want to install the updates, the CS will NOT update automaticaly.
If the CS downloaded a firmware update for the drone, the above 2 connections must be established to be able to update the Drone.
Another way to update the Drone and/or Controller is by using the DJI Assistand 2 software on a computer. The Drone/Controller than must be connected to the computer via USB-cable.
You can download the DJI Assitant 2 software here:

Last edited:
You can NOT connect the CS to the drone!
I was only doing what several videos showed. But I see now that that is not needed.
You have to be more specific with the devices you mention, you have three:
1. The Drone
2. The Controller
3. The CS (which is a smart device)
The drone is conected wireless to the controller.
The Controller is connected via USB-cable to the CS.
That's it, NO other connections are possible!

I just turned the system back on. And, everything seems to be working now - after sitting for a week.

I got the IV Pro 2.V screen right away on the CS. When I selected the device, I was notified that there was a firmware update required. So I did the update - also saw all the icons around the screen, which were not showing last weekend.

I took everything outside to get a better satellite connection, and did a Beginner Mode start, without propellers. Seemed to work fine; motors spun up, but then shut off due to propellers not being installed.

Hopefully will get it out to actually fly later today.

Thank you again for your help.

Reactions: Droneted

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20