New phantom 4 issue

Reaction score
I bought a new phantom 4 yesterday. Read all instructions and watched many videos last night. Took the drone out for the first flight today and the video was great on my iPad mini. Took the drone out again this afternoon and the video keeps freezing and only showing a portion of it then it will come in full for a second or two then back to freezing and only showing a portion of it on the screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Video feed to your iPad mini and good display depends on many factors such as wifi interference, antenna orientation, iPad available processing power and space etc.

Go out to fields to avoid wifi interference or set a clear channel.

Stop all apps running on iPad, go for even airplane mode if needed, no wifi off..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Video feed to your iPad mini and good display depends on many factors such as wifi interference, antenna orientation, iPad available processing power and space etc.

Go out to fields to avoid wifi interference or set a clear channel.

Stop all apps running on iPad, go for even airplane mode if needed, no wifi off..

Thank you for the advice. I will give this a try!!

I have the same problem on my Ipad Air with Cellular. I think its the DJI GO App as this happens regardless if I use it on my Inspire or my P4...

Well tried it again tonight in a large open field. No wifi around. Moved antennas. Nothing helped. Still the same issues. Very disappointing.

I am flying my P4 in open area in about 30 minutes and will try it with my iPad Pro - I will let you know if I ran into similar issues.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Brian Neal
Well tried it again tonight in a large open field. No wifi around. Moved antennas. Nothing helped. Still the same issues. Very disappointing.

Try another iPad or iPhone and compare.

Hi Brian,

Sorry for inconvenience but understand enough power is required for Go App. As already mention by r62ewa, your Ipad is not supported. You might want consult compatibility list;

DJI Phantom 4 – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good point by 4wd re turn off onboard saving video (understand this feature is designed for log purpose i.e. in case bird is lost)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj