New phantom 3p owner needs help please!! :(

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new here and i just received my P3P, been flying rc for years and had a original P1 a couple of years ago. Anyhow, i cannot get the DJI GO app to recognize the controller. It just doesnt seem to do anything, the picture of the P3P is on the screen and below it it says learn how to connect but not camera view. I tried different usb ports, reloading, restarting but nothing wont do a thing. Under Inspire it does say camera view and when i go into that it says disconnected, but no camera view for the P3P ????? im am soo frustrated! please help me!

Thanks, just tried that and it didnt do a thing, just sits there saying how to connect, no camera view...uggghhhhh Oh i am using Android if that matters. I am going to try to use my daughters Ipad air2 when she gets home and see if it works on that.

just a thought is tablet plugged into controller

just a thought is tablet plugged into controller
Yes sir!! i have plugged and unplugged it several times, i get nothing! I dont understand why it says camera view under inspire but not P3P? When i go into camera view it says diconnected, but i can go into camera view on the inspire whether the remote is connected or not.........

Standard owner here, so let me know if I am incorrect here, but
I don't see in the posts above, but are you sure your RC is connected to the P3P?
That has to happen first.
If it's connected, you should be able to turn your camera pitch up and down with the gimbal dial.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Standard owner here, so let me know if I am incorrect here, but
I don't see in the posts above, but are you sure your RC is connected to the P3P?
That has to happen first.
If it's connected, you should be able to turn your camera pitch up and down with the gimbal dial.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Yes the light on the controller is green and i can tilt the camera up and down with the gimbal control. Im starting to think something isnt set properly on my tablet, in a few minutes i am going to try a Ipad air2, i will let you know if that works....this stinks! i was so excited to get this and right from the get-go problems!!

sounds like it might be tablet what kind is it

When you open the DJI GO app, the long grey button should just say "camera" Even if you are not hooked up in anyway and everything is turned off, pressing "camera" should take you into the flight dashboard, but with no picture and it says disconnected. Also, I am not sure if this really does anything or even works, but some people that have the P3 swear by it, they say to turn the bird and the RC on at the same time. I know you said you checked the attachments, did you try a different lighting cable? One last thing you could try is, if you get into the flight dashboard, is to click menu then go down to the third category, it has a little symbol that looks like a remote control, once inside that area there is a option to calibrate your RC and another option at the bottom to Link your RC. Not sure if this will help, but hopefully it will, let us know.

I have a very similar issue after a IOS 9.3 update I think ...My P3 advanced work great for months then told me I need a firmware update to one of the components. I was planning on doing it but I just happened to do the IOS upgrade first and ran into hrs and hrs of trouble with that Tried my copter a few days later and found out the DGI go app didn't want to function properly. Think I got the 1.07 firmware reloaded properly in both the controller and copter but now can only get into the camera view if I select the P3 standard .I have a P3 advanced..Had some phone assistance with DGi but nothing real solid except we relinked the copter and controller Seems like that procedure barely shows up in discussions
So ...trying to wrap up I reloaded the app which Ive done numerous times and now it doesn't want to even connect as a P3 standard so I'm suspicious of the compatibility of Apple 9.3 and DG1 .7
I'm on the phone with apple and may go back to 9.2 if that could help .
Sorry for the long explanation-Anyone else experience this type of "fun" I'm grounded till I get this straightened out

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well guys, just tried my daughters IPAD Air2 and guess what, it worked perfectly right away!!! it took me through the steps to register my drone, then i went into live view!! guess i will be spending more money on an i pad............oh boy Of course i have a cheap Dragon touch tablet i got off of ebay, maybe a better android tablet would work..........I am just glad its not a issue with the Phantom! would have sucked to have to send it back!

I fly a P3S and use an iPhone, but isn't there something about an Android that has to be set up in the mobile device? Seems like I saw something while perusing the forum about "USB debugging" or some such.

Yeah i had the debugging turned on, then i tried it with it off but i dont really understand what it does??

I solved my IOS connection issue from my post above . Found out the upgrade to IOS 9.3 wouldn't connect but another upgrade 9.3.1 came out a week later and now everything is just fine .Week of worry and it was a Apple software problem all along

One bad apple will spoil the whole bunch.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1