New phantom 3 standard owner here

Reaction score
I do a lot of photography and videography through sea kayaking, and last year I got myself a little hubsan x4 quadcopter to get into the aerial realm. The video quality didn't cut it, but I kept reading to learn to fly on a cheap quad. I always thought of upgrading eventually, and I finally pulled the trigger.

I've been browsing the forum for a bit finding lots of good info, seems like a great community. I though I'd mention some things I've done to see if there's anything else I should do or learn before taking my first flight with the phantom.

- been flying the little quad for a long time, can easily fly in a square in all four orientations
- got myself a simulator a couple of months back and have practiced as well
- got the phantom, updated firmware on both quad and remote yesterday
- played with the simulator for a while, seems so much easier to use than the hubsan.
- read the manual several times, I believe I understand most of it
- watched every video I could find
- understand about CSC's, and how to regain control if RTH is activated
- will write my info underneath phantom
- installed prop guards

Anything else you guys would recommend?

Thanks in advance and cheers!

I have started keeping a Microsoft Excel flight log of all my flights since I started flying my Cheerson CX-20 quad a few months ago, now continuing that log with my P3A.

In the log I have info on:
- flight number
- type of quad (either CX-20 or P3A for me)
- which battery I used for that flight
- flight time
- number of landings
- number of crashes (hard crash, not soft bump. So far only happened to my CX-20 a number of times, none to my P3A. Phew.)
- battery voltage post-flight, charging time, Watts added during the charging (only applied to my CX-20)
- my personal comment for that flight and suggestion for any fix or improvement in the future flight.

P.S. Oh yeah, once you are getting more experienced and confident with your Phantom, you should consider getting rid of those prop guards.

Oh wow, that's dedication. Are you able to export a flight report from the dji go app?

And yes on the prop guards. I'll use them while I learn and look forward to losing the extra weight when I'm ready.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj