New Phantom 3 Professional

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I just sold my phantom 3 standard and purchased a Pro version and had a few questions now that I'm a "pro" user.
-Do I need a gimbal guard?
-Any good hard-case (not a fan of backpack cases) recommendations?
-what's the best filter set to eliminate sun glare when taking photos in harsh lighting conditions?
-I've seen theirs a few products to stop the camera from moving while in transit; are these needed or is what's included in the packaging good enough?
Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I think you only need gimbal guard for rough landings I hand catch no worry's.let me no how you like it as I still have my awesome p3s

Many Filters (ND) work best at right angles to lighting source.
Yes a gimbal lock is needed to transport.
Gimbal guards are debateable. Some say it protects gimbal arms and camera from damage, others say drone never crashes feet first so they provide no protection on drag.
I have no info on hardcases...........

Gimbal lock of some kind for transport, yes.
Gimbal guard? Meh, not for me, but I understand others reasoning.
As far as a hard case, do you want to be able to leave the props on in the case? Do you want wheels and a handle? There are some really nice backpack style options, too.
If price is not the driving factor, I like the GoProfessional (really pricey) or the Microraptor (still pretty pricey). They have subtle differences in interior design, so there is a lot of personal preference involved. But, you can't really go wrong with either of these if you are looking for a high-end travel case, IMO. They are not small or light, however.

I have the Nanuk 950 case. Waterproof, actually pretty much bullet proof. They also have a version without wheels. Solid cases.

Reactions: Richard Walker
I like leaving the props on. Here is my case purchased from eBay for $78.00.
d0650eaebcd13b7e94e230bbc7e45fbc.jpg

I got my P3P just over a week ago, and got myself the Go Professional case on wheels, everything is laid out real nice and a real good fit and unlike some cases, it's got space for my Ipad also along with my quick disconnect prop guards. Only thing i had to do was cut a little bit out for where the brackets for the prop guards fit on the P3P.

20160307_201848.jpg

20160307_201642.jpg 20160307_201705.jpg 20160307_201917.jpg 20160307_201745.jpg 20160307_201833.jpg

Reactions: SilverStone641
I got the GPC as well. Much room for iPad, Shade, batteries, charger etc.

The wheels are a nice touch, as that bastard is heavy with 4 batteries in there.

I like leaving the props on. Here is my case purchased from eBay for $78.00.
d0650eaebcd13b7e94e230bbc7e45fbc.jpg

I completely agree on the propellers. the reason I actually want a hard case is to not have to remove the propellers every time, I feel like the (plastic) treads on the propellers will ware off if they're being removed after every flight. $78 sounds very reasonable; are you happy with the case?

Thank you so much everyone for all the advice!

I have the Nanuk 950 case. Waterproof, actually pretty much bullet proof. They also have a version without wheels. Solid cases.

I purchased a slightly used (really almost new) Nanuk 945 on eBay for $120 plus shipping and love it. Everything fits securely. It's very rugged. I think you could could drop it off a building and the contents would be okay...

Reactions: ScottLB
I completely agree on the propellers. the reason I actually want a hard case is to not have to remove the propellers every time, I feel like the (plastic) treads on the propellers will ware off if they're being removed after every flight. $78 sounds very reasonable; are you happy with the case?

Thank you so much everyone for all the advice!

6cd0c9a136b822169d82947fa9096f60.jpg

Yes I am happy with this case. It also makes a great launch pad.

I have a microraptor case. Works great and you can keep the props on. I also have a large tablet it holds everything.. On sale right now..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I got the Thinktank Helipak. Now I can carry both my DSLR and quad in the same backpack.

I have a microraptor case. Works great and you can keep the props on. I also have a large tablet it holds everything.. On sale right now..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi where at?

Edit: nvm found it

Thanks for all the case suggestions everyone! I notice that all the cases that have room for propellers don't have cutouts for the propellors on the lids. Has anybody had any problems with the propellers warping or am i just being overly protective of my new baby phantom :D :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic