New Phantom 3 controller joystick

Reaction score
I just purchased a Phantom 3 Standard and have a question about the left altitude joystick. When I pull it all the way down it clicks into that position and stays there unless I give it a little bump to unlock it. Is that supposed to happen? The truth is I've tried 3 brand new ones and they all do it, but customer service says that is not supposed to happen. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, that is by design. You can remove that lock like this.

It sounds like you may have something inside the RC controller that is causing replacement joysticks to bind. Have you checked for that?
All 3 of these are new out of the box. Got them at Best Buy. If you have one of these, does yours do that?

flyboy73, that's how the P3S remote controller works. It's the only P3 with a throttle lock.

Reactions: Chris Hunt
flyboy73, that's how the P3S remote controller works. It's the only P3 with a throttle lock.
Throttle lock? So if I move it to where it locks it will hold the throttle? I'm just starting out here and that seems strange that I would have to pull down to lock the throttle. So this is the way its supposed to be?

That's correct. It's a feature that came from the P2 (since it uses a nearly identical remote controller). The idea is that you can lock the throttle in the down position to make it easier to land when coming straight down. I don't like mine locking, so I removed the lock (as you can see in my tutorial above).

That's correct. It's a feature that came from the P2 (since it uses a nearly identical remote controller). The idea is that you can lock the throttle in the down position to make it easier to land when coming straight down. I don't like mine locking, so I removed the lock (as you can see in my tutorial above).
Wow, I thank you very much. I can't believe Customer Service didn't know this. Well, back to the store to get #3. And would removing the throttle lock like you said void the warranty?

It might void the warranty for the remote controller if you send it back to DJI like that. You could certainly reattach at a later time. Removing it does not damage the remote controller.

It might void the warranty for the remote controller if you send it back to DJI like that. You could certainly reattach at a later time. Removing it does not damage the remote controller.
I appreciate all your help. I have a feeling I'll be asking a lot of stupid questions here, so its good to know there are folks willing to help out.

No problem. There are a lot of great people on this forum. Feel free to ask if you need anything :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik