New Phantom 2 Owner

Reaction score
I just purchased a phantom 2 with the H3 Gimbal for use with my GoPro H3+ Black i also picked up the prop protectors (i have read about them and their faults but would like to fly indoors SAFELY) and the self tightening thrust boosted props. I completely depleted the budget for the drone but am curious about fpv what would be the absolute cheapest way to get .5km fpv ? I am also curious about battery life if anyone wants to enlighten me...

Sorry for the huge block of text and thanks for the responses

You will need a 5.8 ghz video transmitter an Immersion will be your best bet they are around 80 to 89 bucks delivered. You Either a Boscam or a Black Pearl monitor receiver and you will spend between 150.00 to about 250.00 depending where you buy the BP being more expensive. A monitor bracket prolly around 25 to 30. And maybe some cables throw another 20 on those. If you want see telemetry flight data on your screen (very helpful imho) you will need a DJI IOSD mini by and that will clip you another 80-90

You may get off cheaper with some really crap knock off stuff but I would figure between $275.00 and $500.00 but ya just need to shop around. You will also need taller landing gear so yer camera doesn't get mucked up. o_O Anyways hope that helps! ;)

~Duke

You will need a 5.8 ghz video transmitter an Immersion will be your best bet they are around 80 to 89 bucks delivered. You Either a Boscam or a Black Pearl monitor receiver and you will spend between 150.00 to about 250.00 depending where you buy the BP being more expensive. A monitor bracket prolly around 25 to 30. And maybe some cables throw another 20 on those. If you want see telemetry flight data on your screen (very helpful imho) you will need a DJI IOSD mini by and that will clip you another 80-90

You may get off cheaper with some really crap knock off stuff but I would figure between $275.00 and $500.00 but ya just need to shop around. You will also need taller landing gear so yer camera doesn't get mucked up. o_O Anyways hope that helps! ;)

~Duke

Not to be ungrateful for the help but i was really hoping i could find the absolute cheapest possible FPV setup.. With OSD. I want to see what the floor of FPV is and maybe pick up some of the parts. But once I know what the cheapest of the cheap is I can manage what i would like to invest more on.

Thanks for the help.

Not to be ungrateful for the help but i was really hoping i could find the absolute cheapest possible FPV setup.. With OSD. I want to see what the floor of FPV is and maybe pick up some of the parts. But once I know what the cheapest of the cheap is I can manage what i would like to invest more on.

Thanks for the help.

Not a problem AndreGtable I just gave you 1 option is all, and in my opinion the best And If you look at what most of the users are using here I am sure they will agree. I donot have a Black Pearl receiver/display but wished I did, I do not have a Immersion Transmitter receiver but wished I did, You see I made some decisions without doing my homework properly. Now lets just say you are able to buy a receiver/monitor for 100.00 a receiver for $50.00 Cables ect for 20.00 and you have $170.00 in the whole ball of wacks. Then say ya really like FPV now ya hafta spend what I said in the first place. Now is that cheaper? And do you think someone is going to want to buy your old NONAME stuff? If I were you I would look for deals and steals and maybe look for some used equipment. Anyways good luck and happy flying.

~Duke

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers