New Phantom 2 battery. Claimed extra flight time.

Ummm... the manufacturer's battery is iffy... and I'm going to trust a third party who isn't aware of all of the manufacturer's software nuances? Right... Sure... I'm THAT trusting... :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

No problem Enterprise1. Could you post what your experience is with the battery after a couple of flight when you have it?

You are right slinger, but at the same time it could be a great solution.

:? Not sure I'd trust that battery.
I test propellers (risky by some members) but not factory batteries!
Seriously, let us know if the phantom recognizes that battery. You might have to change software versions. Please post your findings!

gunslinger said:
Ummm... the manufacturer's battery is iffy... and I'm going to trust a third party who isn't aware of all of the manufacturer's software nuances? Right... Sure... I'm THAT trusting... :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

If you Google Limefuel, they make other products with great reviews. After having a battery swell like a toad after about 35 days and calling DJI to find out they will only warranty battery for 30 days, I'm **** sure thinking it's worth the risk to buy one and fly at low levels first test flight. I honestly hate DJI as a company. I think with Colin at 3D Robotics and the new Iris+ http://3drobotics.com/iris/ with follow me technology and much more intuitive waypoint Android app, this will be my next quad.

Subscribed and added to my wish list. Being on Amazon I hope this doesn't turn out like the NukeRC battery. Says it from China. Courious if it'll end up with the same shipping delays issues.

I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Release date Oct. 15. Will update after my low and slow test flight. Would not have purchased battery if it were not sold by Amazon. They have always did me right even if order was supplied by another vendor. Wish me luck.

gword256 said:
Subscribed and added to my wish list. Being on Amazon I hope this doesn't turn out like the NukeRC battery. Says it from China. Courious if it'll end up with the same shipping delays issues.

I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Even though Nuke shipping was something else, and I had to re-manufacture mine, it does work.
Agree being at Amazon helps a great deal. We shall see.....

gunslinger said:

-slinger

+1 to that. You can also void warranties by using third party items. :oops:

MrDrone27 said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger

+1 to that. You can also void warranties by using third party items. :oops:

DJI warranty is a joke anyway, had a defective battery 32 days old and DJI said "sorry, our batteries only warrantied 30 days."

+1 ordered

Mmm... Looking around for a new battery for one that's acting up. This vendor has a good rating but I just don't trust ebay in general. Much rather stick to Amazon and the Limefuel is available on Oct 15th. I've got a Limefuel external battery for charging cell phones and it works great. The limefuel is only 5400mAh but it's only $99... so I think that's the way I'll go.

http://www.amazon.com/Limefuel-Replacem ... B00M7F83KK

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub