New P4P V2: Sell it or Fly it?

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I need a little guidance here.

It seems there are numerous problems with this drone. I bought it for photogrammetry for my business but the issues seem endless.

Now I am thinking mavic 2 Pro even though it doesn't have the mechanical shutter.

The phantom is still New and sealed in the box pending more research on this drone so I can still sell it to someone who has confidence in it.

What do you think?

Thanks for your help.

If it's still sealed in the new box, how can you tell what problems it is having? I own two and they both work perfectly.

Reactions: Liteweight
Forget about the problems with the V2 as yours may not have any problems.

As we fly both drones the mavic 2 zoom and the Phantom almost every other day, a couple things have become very obvious.

Hand catching the Mavic 2 is very awkward compared to the Phantom. Boat, jet ski, dog, child, crowds, bikes, all reasons why you want to hand catch.

Other than that visual line of sight is better on the Phantom. Both handle the wind , but the mavic 2 has the lead as it does not pitch as much as the Phantom in the heavy winds. 35/ mph

If the Mechanical shutter is the only thing holding you back from the Mavic 2 , and you dont fly in a circus environment , the Mavic 2 despite the mechanical shutter should be considered , not to mention end of life on the Phantoms.

What makes the Phantom 4 pro + so attractive is the price at which you can pick one up , $800 used that includes that Huge Display and the drone , add the Phantom Wet Suit to lock in the props, seal the battery , and leg clips and your set . :)

We have posted a lot of Super Size pics taken from the Mavic 2 zoom and we posted a recent video on how they fly together side by side.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in and out of the storm.
coal

It seems there are numerous problems with this drone. I bought it for photogrammetry for my business but the issues seem endless.

Now I am thinking mavic 2 Pro even though it doesn't have the mechanical shutter.

The phantom is still New and sealed in the box pending more research on this drone so I can still sell it to someone who has confidence in it.

What do you think?

Thanks for your help.
In the end, you are the only one that can make that decision. I use my P4P more than nay other model. The mechanical shutter is a MUST for mapping. Contrary to what others may say, I find the P4P to be much more stable against winds than the MP. Even my Spark seems to be more stable in the air than the Mavic.
The P4P is a rock solid, dependable, reliable craft. The V2 has seen its share of reported "issues" but that seems to not be consistent.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it.

As a geologist, I need a ton of aerial work and mapping.

Looks like I’m gonna fly it, keep expanding the fleet.

I’ll keep you posted.

You rock!

I’m going just throw my experience with my phantoms...First was the P3S. Did good for Real estate but my biggest issue range and connection. Other than that never had any issue. So I finally got tired of waiting for the 5 and pick up the p4 v2 new for 1800 with extras. Quality of footage was fantastic, range with my eyes I can fly drone about 2500 ft which makes for some nice long runs. Now for the ugly, starting with the drifting with slow turning to right. Every once in a while the camera will shutter or do an extremely quick flicker down then back. I have sent my new back 2 times finally they sent me a used on the 3 time. And this one has has some little quirks but when it’s on it’s great, when it’s not it fly Diagonal in stead of Straight. So far I’ve been pretty fortunate that it will correct itself within like the first five minutes of flight and then fly just fine so I’m just living with it because I’m tired of dealing with the help support system and shipping my drone back for three weeks at a time.
Good luck

Reactions: Paul2660

What do you think?

Thanks for your help.

Although I, as others have stated, suggest that you give it a try, If you do decide to sell it, send me a message.

Although I, as others have stated, suggest that you give it a try, If you do decide to sell it, send me a message.

OK will do, I will let know if I decide to sell it

I have a V2 and have no problems with it. I have flown a small map mission with it and was excellent. Fly it!

Ok everyone, I decided to fly my P4P V2 and add it to my business rolling the dice on getting one of the lemons.

I went through the activation process, and I calibrated compass and IMU. All well at this point.

It was slick and easy, so I allowed myself the luxury of thinking this unit was solid....
During the process I was prompted to upgrade the firmware. I was like “oh hell no.”?

I purposely went to a place which is a known difficult place to fly, lots of interferences such as underground utilities, transformers, and industrial buildings.

I was 10 feet from my 2018 4Runner which also has active trac. ??

It was cold and very windy, with a light sprinkle perfect. And had a diet Dr Pepper and chips on the way to the test flight.

I powered up, all good.

Spun up the rotors, rock and roll. All systems go.

I put it up about 20feet and let it hover, grabbed a few more satellites. Spun it right, then left. It settled right down, handled the wind and got some good photos.

I didn’t push it. only went up 150 ft and out several hundred feet. Took bunch of photos and 1 video in the strong wind.

Then I (me) unawares drifted next to the 4Runner which also has active trac. ???And I got the strong wireless interference warning. So I brought the bird back but aborted landing once I moved around a bit, interference stopped and so I sent the bird back up.

RTH worked great.

Great test flight.

Thanks everyone! A couple of hours of flight time and some test mapping, I will deploy it for a client.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20