New P4P Not Holding in P mode?

Reaction score
Hi...

I upgraded to the P4P recently, updated all firmware software etc. Ipad mini 2 and using DJIGO 4 .....the drone fades and floats around not holding position in GPS mode. I love all the new features however a little nervous to go very far if this continues.

Suggestions Please ?

HI Thanks...daylight, when the drone comes to a stop in the air is drifts/floats to the left...there is NO stick being pushed. The drift is about 8 to 15 feet movement. I have updated and re-calibrated the IMU

HI Thanks...daylight, when the drone comes to a stop in the air is drifts/floats to the left...there is NO stick being pushed. The drift is about 8 to 15 feet movement. I have updated and re-calibrated the IMU
How high up is the Phantom?
What is underneath it?

Have you done compass

I upgraded to the P4P recently, updated all firmware software etc. Ipad mini 2 and using DJIGO 4 .....the drone fades and floats around not holding position in GPS mode. I love all the new features however a little nervous to go very far if this continues.
The most common explanation for drifting is that you have the Phantom down within VPS range (>10 metres) over a surface that does not have a definite pattern or texture that VPS can recognise.
This could be something like grass or concrete that just looks blurry to the VPS system.
So look at what you are hovering above and how high.
Put your Phantom up in the air beyond VPS range. How does it behave up there?

And unless your Phantom is slowly spiraling around in circles, don't mess with your compass.

when the drone comes to a stop in the air is drifts/floats to the left...there is NO stick being pushed. The drift is about 8 to 15 feet movement.
Can you share one of your TXT flight logs so we can see what you're describing? Upload the log here and post a link back here.

If it is drifting left regardless of facing north, south, east or west, I would run a transmitter stick calibration.

Reactions: DanMan32
Ok New data ...... I refreshed the firmware, re calibrated the IMU , calibrated the compass each flight conducted several test flights at different altitudes and flying over varying terrain no matter the direction and no matter forward or backwards when ever I bring the drone to a stop in flight it comes to a stop and then drifts to the left about 6 to 10 feet each time it stops. After drifting to the left is then holds it's position.

Now...suggestions?

Do you have anything on the AC that may be interfering with GPS (electronically or physically)?

If you move the AC really slowly then stop, how far does it drift?

Are you flying from the same location every time or have you tested at alternative locations?

Have you asked DJI Support? What do they say?

I'm thinking that you might have a GPS hardware issue but wanted rule out possible alternatives first. I've seen similar behavior on other devices with integrated GPS that turned out to be a hard electronics issue.

Fwiw

It would be interesting to enable subtitle and view the GPS coordinates in the subtitle during the apparent drift.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20