New P4P, jumping gimbal error?! (Video)

Reaction score
Hello.

Anyone resembles the problem of a gimbal not responding or just jumping? See video

Its brand new, Ive flown it for 2 charges and this problem started the last 15 minutes. At first i got some Gimbal overload notifications, but then the system doesent inflict there is a problem. The status is ok and when i do the gimbal calibration there is no error. Except the gimbal doesent move, or is jumping.

Might this be firmware related?

If it is new, I would take it back and exchange it - and pronto! Dealing with DJI Service is awful and can take weeks and then you get back a used refurb for your effort. At least an exchange would DJI a heads up that they are still putting out bad devices and firmware. It could be firmware related too as there is a lot of gimbal issues and some report a beta test might fix the gimbal matters, but I wouldn't wait for it as the bad firmware update for the P4 has been out for several months now.

I was out flying this AM with my P4 and trying out the Active Track and the gimbal suddenly went limp and it was shooting the drone leg. Camera recording also dropped out. It lost the subject lock as a result and the darn thing took off on a wild search for the subject to get an Active Track lock back on to. Luckily, I still had some RC control and brought it back, but this sort of nonsense shouldn't be happening.

If it is new, I would take it back and exchange it - and pronto! Dealing with DJI Service is awful and can take weeks and then you get back a used refurb for your effort. At least an exchange would DJI a heads up that they are still putting out bad devices and firmware. It could be firmware related too as there is a lot of gimbal issues and some report a beta test might fix the gimbal matters, but I wouldn't wait for it as the bad firmware update for the P4 has been out for several months now.

I was out flying this AM with my P4 and trying out the Active Track and the gimbal suddenly went limp and it was shooting the drone leg. Camera recording also dropped out. It lost the subject lock as a result and the darn thing took off on a wild search for the subject to get an Active Track lock back on to. Luckily, I still had some RC control and brought it back, but this sort of nonsense shouldn't be happening.

Seems like I have to deal with the DJI service. At this moment I am not impressed.

Gimbals are fragile. My P4P had a vibration problem when new and I had to send it to DJI for repair. It took about a week for them to fix it after they received it, about two weeks total with shipping. Not bad.

My Mavic developed a gimbal obstruction error when 4 months old for no reason. Never crashed or dropped, always pampered. It just broke while sitting in the backpack. DJI replaced the craft in that situation. They wanted to charge me because I had a refresh policy but I refused to pay when there was no pilot error. They eventually agreed I did nothing to cause the flaw and covered it for free under warranty. That arguing took another week, so that totaled 3 wks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20