New P4 Pro+ beginner mode

Reaction score
Just got the P4 Pro+. After setting it up, I see the monitor says it is in beginner mode.
That means I can only fly out 100'.

If I get out of beginner mode - does that mean I can go 1/2 mile or so? but all the other settings remain the same?

While I am here - I know I need to register the drone. I see at least 5 sites that says to register there.
Which one is really the official FAA site?

If I get out of beginner mode - does that mean I can go 1/2 mile or so? but all the other settings remain the same?
After beginner mode is disabled (even mid-flight), its distance restrictions will be lifted.

Which one is really the official FAA site?
You can register on the FAA's website here. If you need stickers to label your drones, I sell small stickers here.

After beginner mode is disabled (even mid-flight), its distance restrictions will be lifted.

You can register on the FAA's website here. If you need stickers to label your drones, I sell small stickers here.

Thank you- this site looks MUCH more official!

Is the ink you print - "permanent"? I know other ink printed out smear if you rub it a bit.

Just print your registration, then your N_Number assigned and put that on the quad, the registration I carry in my wallet.

Assuming the OP is registering as a hobbyist, he will not need an N-number.
When I registered, they issued the Number and said to put it on the quad. I did. Each registration gets a number, so why not put it on the quad?
No, I am not Par 107.

When I registered, they issued the Number and said to put it on the quad.
Right. That was your FAA registration number. Like an N-number, it does have to be attached to the drone.

Got it. I just wanted to clarify so the OP didn't think he had to actually register for an N-number.

You really don't need to register with the FAA.GOV site unless your going commercial soon.

You really don't need to register with the FAA.GOV site unless your going commercial soon.
Hobbyists will be required to register again soon since the registration rule is going to be reinstated. See more details here.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4