New P4 owner Central Colorado

Reaction score
Purchased a P4 after watching a friend fly a P3. I have 35 open acres on which I hold frequent dog performance events. I will be hopefully using the P4 in photography of these events. I purchased a Samsung Tab A 7" to use since my droid phone did not seem adequate to run the go app. Right now I am in the reading, listening, learning mode and hope to execute my first training flights on Christmas, providing the weather cooperates.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: Zoiboyz
Welcome to the forum Zoiboyz .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Purchased a P4 after watching a friend fly a P3. I have 35 open acres on which I hold frequent dog performance events. I will be hopefully using the P4 in photography of these events. I purchased a Samsung Tab A 7" to use since my droid phone did not seem adequate to run the go app. Right now I am in the reading, listening, learning mode and hope to execute my first training flights on Christmas, providing the weather cooperates.
you may have to get a 107 license if you are getting paid for the dog show. but as private property owner you can trespass the cops who show up to see any criminal activity.
Best of luck.

you may have to get a 107 license if you are getting paid for the dog show. but as private property owner you can trespass the cops who show up to see any criminal activity.
Best of luck.
The photography is not intended for sale but more for our own evaluation and enjoyment. Plus as you pointed out, the photography will be on private property.

The photography is not intended for sale but more for our own evaluation and enjoyment. Plus as you pointed out, the photography will be on private property.
If we choose to upgrade to selling the photography then for sure we will need to pursue a 107 license.

If we choose to upgrade to selling the photography then for sure we will need to pursue a 107 license.

Yes, to you and I that makes sense. but you will be dealing with morons that work for government, and if you are paid for the dog show they will claim you are a professional regardless if you are selling the drone videos. realtors are not selling the videos, they are selling the houses IN the videos.
So stick with the trespass option if you see cops to be safe. My states gun permit has such grey areas in a nearby state. They don't have reciprocity, but recognize it. That leaves all sorts of bad grey areas where my permit doesn't allow something theirs would. you get a da with a hemorrhoid with your name on it, it could get expensive staying free.

and of course. Name the drones Cat and Rabbit so dogs will not get out of camera range.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik