New P4 batteries

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the new batteries coming out of DJI have very super bright green LEDs now as opposed to the not so bright LEDs?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

it seemed like all the batteries shortly after launch are like that with the really bright LEDs, also there have been some complaints about them not fitting as snug as the original batch.

DJI has changed the part number for the bats. They used to be "Part 7" and they are now "Part 54". Even the bats that everyone is recieiving from the factory on the Apple Promo are getting shipping slips that say "Part 7" but the bat box says "Part 54".

I have been in touch with an engineer in Shenzhen, China and my friend at Drone's Plus who I swear knows more than them, but anyway the LEDs ARE NOT BRIGHTER, they just have a different finish around the LEDs that show the LED brighter and without perfect dispersion of light like the part 7 version. I just recently got a new Phantom 4 (my replacement for my 2nd one and it came with the Part 54 bat) so all the conspiracy theories on they are trying to unload a bad batch on us can be dismissed I would think.

They, as companies often do, made a change on the production line, almost certainly to save money and one of those things were to change the finish around the LED. I had already made a thread and a video showing this but I'll post it here.

Excuse the crudity of the video.

DJI has changed the part number for the bats. They used to be "Part 7" and they are now "Part 54". Even the bats that everyone is recieiving from the factory on the Apple Promo are getting shipping slips that say "Part 7" but the bat box says "Part 54".

I have been in touch with an engineer in Shenzhen, China and my friend at Drone's Plus who I swear knows more than them, but anyway the LEDs ARE NOT BRIGHTER, they just have a different finish around the LEDs that show the LED brighter and without perfect dispersion of light like the part 7 version. I just recently got a new Phantom 4 (my replacement for my 2nd one and it came with the Part 54 bat) so all the conspiracy theories on they are trying to unload a bad batch on us can be dismissed I would think.

They, as companies often do, made a change on the production line, almost certainly to save money and one of those things were to change the finish around the LED. I had already made a thread and a video showing this but I'll post it here.

Excuse the crudity of the video.

yep, its like they had a shield to disperse the light perfectly in the first production run, personally I like the more consistent but dimmer appearance of the first run...... makes it look a little less polished, but ill take it given i got the 50% off deal ;)

Yep, I had to exchange one of my batteries at Best Buy. One of the LEDs in the status bar simply went out. Anyhow, the replacement is one of the newer models with the visible LEDs. I noticed right away that the fit is a bit more sloppy compared to my others.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4