New P3S questions

Reaction score
Just received a new P3S. Charging batteries now. I have a LG410 tablet and the go app loaded and installed. I'm having a problem getting the GO app up and running.Is there a step-by-step tutorial to help a newbie do this? Does the tablet have to be connected to the controller with a cable? If so, where do I get a cable with male mini USB connectors at both ends? So far I've made some progress with a wifi connection but can't get past the login screen.
Thanks for any help. Jim B.

Turn on the remote , power up the bird and go to your wifi setting on the tablet and connect to the phantom. That should do it.

you need a cable. what if you fly where there's no wifi?

OK. I got my DJI account information entered but it asked me to activate it. I hit the Activate icon and it tells me to connect my device. I assumed I was connected wirelessly and hit the "continue" button. this took me back to the previous screen. I can't get out of this loop.

If I've remembered right, you have to sign in on your home wifi and activate on the phantoms wifi. Make sure the Phantoms wifi is connected and activate away. cross fingers.

Reactions: dirkclod
I've read that WiFi and Bluetooth on the tablet has to be turned off. Also that airplane mode should be turned on. Can anyone tell me something about this?

I had the same problem when I got mine last week. The server was down in China so I couldn't activate it and was in the same loop. I called dji and they told me the servers are down. I tried like 5 hours later and it worked fine. You gotta wait till the servers are back up.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I looked on phantom help but everything there seems to be out of date. One screen asked me for the serial number of the copter. There's a label on it with numbers but I can't tell which is the serial number because of the goofy symbols preceding them. Need some help with that.

I didn't have to put that in,it automatically put it in for me after the server was back up. This just happened to me on Thursday that just passed. When the server goes back up it will let you activate it then when you hit put in the serial number button it will just register then you can fly. I also did the firmware update. With the standard you have to do the update with the app now,not download and put on SD card. You should be good as soon as the server goes back online.

I was definitely in the same loop that you were in. I would go through where you name your phantom ,then the other few questions. Then I would click activate, then the button would come up for serial number. When I clicked that it would say the device isn't connected. I thought something was wrong so I called dji and that's when I found out the server was down to register. When it went back up after clicking the serial number button it waited a few seconds then said congratulations your registered.

Last edited:
If I've remembered right, you have to sign in on your home wifi and activate on the phantoms wifi. Make sure the Phantoms wifi is connected and activate away. cross fingers.

Close but, If he is at the activation point he needs to disconnect from the phantom and connect to his home wi-fi. You cannot be connected to both at the same time.

It's perfectly clear in the quality Destruction's.
:confused:

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I looked on phantom help but everything there seems to be out of date. One screen asked me for the serial number of the copter. There's a label on it with numbers but I can't tell which is the serial number because of the goofy symbols preceding them. Need some help with that.

Let us know if you get-it or not-it to work.

OK. after muddling through one road block screen after the other and restarting the copter and RC a number of times, I seem to have everything up and running. Firmware update went smoothly, Camera works, map shows a blue dot with a white ring around it in my driveway after the gps latches in (however, at the top of the camera screen, It says safe to fly without GPS. Wonder why that is?) Am able to start and stop the motors. Guess I should bite the bullet and try to fly. Have two niggling problems.
1. There doesn't seem to be a way to get the tablet to automatically connect to the Phantom network when you turn on the copter and the remote control. I have to do this manually after turning on the copter. (When I shut them off. I'm automatically reconnected to my home network). is there a way to make this happen?
2. When I open the GO app. The first things I see are two ads trying to get me to buy the OSMO and the P3 professional. Is there a way to make these go away forever?
Again, Thank you all for your help. Jim B.

at the top of the camera screen, It says safe to fly without GPS. Wonder why that is?
Means it's warmed up enough to fly in ATTI but you haven't got enough Sat's yet to fly without it drifting . If you wait till it shows enough that goes away .
#1...As far as I know you are going to have to go in settings to connect the phantom's Wi-Fi every time you start it up .
Is not just gonna do it .
#2...I have hit ..don't show again but still see them . I just hit skip .
Hope this answer's your questions .

Thanks for the info.
Jim.

Just received a new P3S. Charging batteries now. I have a LG410 tablet and the go app loaded and installed. I'm having a problem getting the GO app up and running.Is there a step-by-step tutorial to help a newbie do this? Does the tablet have to be connected to the controller with a cable? If so, where do I get a cable with male mini USB connectors at both ends? So far I've made some progress with a wifi connection but can't get past the login screen.
Thanks for any help. Jim B.

I'm new to quads. I'm interested in the phantom 3 pro 4k. I can buy complete set with controller,4k camera copter. New from the factory for $474.00. My question to anyone is it worth it?

I'm new to quads. I'm interested in the phantom 3 pro 4k. I can buy complete set with controller,4k camera copter. New from the factory for $474.00. My question to anyone is it worth it?
At that price, I'll take a truck load

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20