New P3S Pilot, Video Question

Reaction score
So I just got a used P3S for $280 from Craiglist. I think i got a good deal because of all the extras it came with. I was thinking of buying the Spark but I think I should start with the P3S first.

The P3S flys great, all batteries still have 100% life, gimbal is smooth, the video is perfect but i am seeing i guess its called artifacts. I get it when the camera is close or direct to the sun light and when gimbal goes up and down. I also get a quick wave distortion when I turn.

Any solution to prevent artifacts? The guy that sold it to me said the P3S didnt have issues or it has been crashed. I hope this wasnt the issue of the P3S thats why he sold it so low. Attached is my used P3S after cleaning it and taking off the stickers.

Attachments

• 20170528_123656.jpg
    20170528_123656.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 341
Last edited:
So I just got a used P3S for $280 from Craiglist. I think i got a good deal because of all the extras it came with. I was thinking of buying the Spark but I think I should start with the P3S first.

The P3S flys great, all batteries still have 100% life, gimbal is smooth, the video is perfect but i am seeing i guess its called artifacts. I get it when the camera is close or direct to the sun light and when gimbal goes up and down. I also get a quick wave distortion when I turn.

Any solution to prevent artifacts? The guy that sold it to me said the P3S didnt have issues or it has been crashed. I hope this wasnt the issue of the P3S thats why he sold it so low. Attached is my used P3S after cleaning it and taking off the stickers.
Wow good deal ,could look in your transmission settings try another channel,:)might help

Artifacts ? thought that was items found by Archeologists ?

Any video or other to show example so people like me know what you are talking about ?

Googling this gives me :

Common Video Compression Artifacts to Watch Out For

Seems its Software or Hardware related ...

I have to say that occasionally I have noticed signal breakup during flight on display and a few times in video recordings. But its only occasional and I shrug it off usually.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4