New P3S Pilot in W. Wash

Reaction score
I'll be getting a new P3 Standard for Christmas. So, I just wanted to get logged in here and start communicating with folks on this site. I'd especially like to chat with others in western Washington.
I'm not exactly brand new to quadcopters. I've been flying small, nano quads for two years. After flying the nanos, the Phantom should be easy. Hope to strike up some interesting conversations with you all.

Nick

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum Nick .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Hey guy, I am on the west side of Puget sound, near Port Orchard. Have a phantom 4,have not flown since end of october though,because of weather and work.
captain kush

Hey guy, I am on the west side of Puget sound, near Port Orchard. Have a phantom 4,have not flown since end of october though,because of weather and work.
captain kush

Thanks for the reply. I'm curious about where people go to do their flying. School yards seem a nice open space for flying. Have you flown from a school yard? If so, any hassles? I'd appreciate advise on flying locations. Thanks

I flew from a school yard back in Iowa with no problems when visiting my Mother. I fly down on the Puget sound beach in front of the house. I also go out to the coast to Moclips or Ocean city and fly when its nicer outside.But that is only about a 2 hour drive for me. Last October I took a trip down to southern Oregon and Northern Cali to drone a couple redwood trees, I still need to edit that footage. I have many many places that I intend to visit this coming spring starting in a couple weeks,ha ha spring at least compared to Iowa. were exactly are you located. Lots of cool county parks along the strait of Juan De Fuca google the 112 scenic parkway . Lots of national forest. But to answer your question,I would try a school yard if you have one close, but I probably would not fly there if there is anyone else around using the school grounds.Worse case they ask you not to fly. A baseball field would probably work also. When it warms up a bit and time permits you can come over and meet up and you can fly on my beach at low tides and if you have the nerve you can fly out over the water and get some nice shots of the new pier and ferry boats or all the yacht and sailboat traffic.
captain kush

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20