New P3S owner

Reaction score
Hello all. This is my first post to this forum as a new P3 standard owner. I have only flown it twice so far after upgrading firmware (which took some internet connection issues) and both times, I could only get it to maybe 200ft away from me before it is telling me "weak controller signal" and then soon after "controller signal lost" and it would begin to RTH. I flew it in a very remote area with nothing around to interfere with it. Am I doing something wrong?

Make sure your antenna is positioned properly and you have full VLOS ( Visual Line of Sight) with no obstructions in between ( Trees etc....) to start with. 200ft sounds rather low. Can it be assumed that when you updated firmware and the latest app that you logged in to the DJI servers before the flight and logged back out? The latest app imposes distance and restrictions if you do not do that. Just a wag at your issue.

Welcome aboard, by the way.;)

Make sure to get a parabolic antenna. This is what I use in my phantom 3 standard to get a decent range.

You don't have to be to fly. It is a one time thing. Take your device only and while connected to the internet, start DJI GO. It should give you a log in splash screen. If not you can log in from the app itself. Once you do that you can log back out and give another flight a try. If that does not help, do a thorough search around here and you can probably find your answer.

I have checked everything and researched this issue and it seems to be a big issue for a lot of phantom pilots. It seems the blame is on the latest firmware. Could it be possible to downgrade the firmware to fix the issue? Does the controller on the standard have its own firmware?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj