New P3S first firmware update - which one?

Reaction score
My P3S shows firmware of 1.1.3 out of the box and of course the DJI GO app is pestering me to update.

Can I just use the 1.5.7 firmware file on an SD card to update (instead of via the app which will no doubt take me straight to 1.6.8)?

Or should I start with an earlier firmware like 1.4.6 first and test from there?

My P3S shows firmware of 1.1.3 out of the box and of course the DJI GO app is pestering me to update.

Can I just use the 1.5.7 firmware file on an SD card to update (instead of via the app which will no doubt take me straight to 1.6.8)?

Or should I start with an earlier firmware like 1.4.6 first and test from there?

Mmm, mine was 1.5.7 out of the box this week.
I'll stay on 1.5.7 for now thus ignoring DJI Go update desire.

You can read some nasty stories from people updated to 1.6.8
I would recommend to update to 1.5.7 instead because overall this seems to be the best around for the moment.

You can read in several threads how to do this.

Thanks I've searched the forums but the only references are to downgrading from 1.6.8 to 1.5.7 via sd card.

I'm assuming that it should be possible to force an upgrade to a specific firmware in the same way?

Let us know how ya get on. I'm on 1.2.4 and reluctant to upgrade. I'm getting to 800m on CE! Wanna try papa tita patch, so I think ya need to be on 1.5.7

Sent from my ONE A2003 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think you're referring to the Adv/Pro (1.3.2 f/w). Anyway, decided to leave as is for now and do some range testing first.

1.1.3 really?
Was the box dusty?
Where did you get this, a Christmas present that was never opened?

Rod

1.1.3 really?
Was the box dusty?
Where did you get this, a Christmas present that was never opened?

Rod

Yes
No (spotless actually)
I guess it was old stock (I bought from an online store). Everything looked pretty clean inside as well (no sign it was ever used.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues