New P3S, broke the tx right off

Reaction score
New p3s owner. Disappointed to learn it would not work with my iPhone 5... But it would with my iPad Air. Ordered the dji clamp. It did not fit, needed a hole in the tx to mount it.

I read the forum and opened the case so I would not drill into anything. In the process the black wire from the antenna came loose, or broke at the end farthest from the antenna. Thought I found where it came off and slid the end on with tweezers.

Nope. I run out of reception at 100 yd or so.

Is this fixable? Can't believe cracking open the tx box has killed my p3s with only 3 flights. I can't find any diagrams or pics of an open p3s tx to help. How screwed am I?

New p3s owner. Disappointed to learn it would not work with my iPhone 5... But it would with my iPad Air. Ordered the dji clamp. It did not fit, needed a hole in the tx to mount it.

I read the forum and opened the case so I would not drill into anything. In the process the black wire from the antenna came loose, or broke at the end farthest from the antenna. Thought I found where it came off and slid the end on with tweezers.

Nope. I run out of reception at 100 yd or so.

Is this fixable? Can't believe cracking open the tx box has killed my p3s with only 3 flights. I can't find any diagrams or pics of an open p3s tx to help. How screwed am I?
Upon closer inspection, I see that the end of the coax wire pulled out of the coax jack at the circuit board. I removed glue and the jack from the board, and tried refitting the coax line into the connector. Man they are small!

Will dji send a replacement? I can't figure out why splitting the tx case would have interfered with that wire at all?.

You could ask, but I doubt DJI is going to cover it since you dissembled it. Perhaps it's defective though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31