New P3P searching for Atlantis the hard way... help?

Reaction score
Last month I purchased a factory refurbished p3p from dji (having previously owned a p3s). First time out I lost it in the ocean (bolivar peninsula). Its "possible" I was at fault. I have since purchased, received and flown "another" p3p this past weekend with no problems. Except for the drone I now own 2 of everything. My question is ..... am i eligible for any compensation or am I just another idiot that drowned his drone ? Smartass comments allowed.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Last month I purchased a factory refurbished p3p from dji (having previously owned a p3s). First time out I lost it in the ocean (bolivar peninsula). Its "possible" I was at fault. I have since purchased, received and flown "another" p3p this past weekend with no problems. Except for the drone I now own 2 of everything. My question is ..... am i eligible for any compensation or am I just another idiot that drowned his drone ? Smartass comments allowed.
Sorry to hear it took a dive, however, DJI cannot do anything for you without the drone.

The loss might have been due to a DJI issue, operator issue or it might be impossible to tell the cause.
You would have a warranty claim only if it can be shown that the loss was due to a DJI caused issue.
That might be tricky without the drone, but in some circumstances it is possible.

You might get a reasonably good idea what the cause of the incident was from the flight data.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you and someone might be able to work out at least which of those three categories above it falls into.

Reactions: LarBear360

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl